• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ken Combo do able with Marth in Smash 4?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SuperSmashMaster43

Smash Cadet
NNID
SmashMaster43
3DS FC
0259-0610-0101
Has anyone tried to do the Ken combo in Smash 4 and succeeded? I've tried but I couldn't seem to make it happen.

EternalFlame

Smash Ace
NNID
Eterna1Flame
3DS FC
1993-8719-0815
Has anyone tried to do the Ken combo in Smash 4 and succeeded? I've tried but I couldn't seem to make it happen.
Just based on the posts you've made, welcome to the Marth Boards xD Hope you enjoy your stay

To address your question, the "ken combo" does work in a sense. Just like in Melee, it is not a true combo, and in Smash 4 specifically, it is harder to get due to where you need to hit for the FAir and the DAir. You have to sour spot the FAir at an angle infront and above Marth, then hope the opponent doesn't DI/Dodge/Frame 1 attack before your followup DAir goes through. There is also another way to setup into the spike with the DB1, but it is also situational for the same reasons above and hard to get.

This question though has been dealt with in the past (though more on the Lucina boards I believe), but this could have been asked in the Marth Q and A thread:
http://smashboards.com/threads/the-marth-q-a-thread.383383/

Please direct any further questions there and we'll be happy to help xD

SuperSmashMaster43

Smash Cadet
NNID
SmashMaster43
3DS FC
0259-0610-0101
Thanks for your reply! I will go and try to do it going by your explanation, and I will hopefully try to make it happen. I also do have a few more questions, but I will post them in the Marth Q and A thread.

EternalFlame

Smash Ace
NNID
Eterna1Flame
3DS FC
1993-8719-0815
Thanks for your reply! I will go and try to do it going by your explanation, and I will hopefully try to make it happen. I also do have a few more questions, but I will post them in the Marth Q and A thread.
Much obliged sir ^^ I'm sure the community will do their best to answer every question you may have

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom