• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

kelux adapter not working on PC

ted dorosheff

Smash Apprentice
Hi. Just bought the kelux GC adapter for wiiU. In windows the device identifies itself as WUP-028. On the device itself, on the back side is the model number: BX-W201

I first plugged in the adapter to my PC (win7) and the driver auto-install process failed at first. I then found the
installation steps that were provided on the dolphin wiki page -- run zadig, choose the correct driver, install, etc etc. I followed the instructions and was able to get the adapter installed according to device manager in windows, although not sure if it only thinks the adapter is installed correctly...

Despite that, when i open up dolphin and go into GC pad controller settings, under device the only thing that is listed is my keyboard. Im running dolphin 4.0-652, but i have also tried this using an older version (4.0-4943) but to no avail. Ive also tried all of this on another PC, again windows 7 with dolphin 4.0-652, using zadig -- pretty much everything the same as with the first machine i tried this on.

Im wondering if the adapter i bought will really only work for wiiU, after all the packaging and even the amazon link for it make no mention of PC compatibility. However, looking at the other adapters that say they work with either PC or wiiU, they look identical to the one i have. Not only that, but during the zadig process, the device identifies itself as WUP-028 with a usb ID of 057E-0337 which is the same as what is listed on the dolphin wiki.

What i would really hate to have happen is for me to return this item, buy another one, only to find that i have the same issue.
can someone please help?

tl;dr - kelux GC adapter for wiiU not being recognized by dolphin or windows7. did i buy the wrong thing?

Darxai

Smash Cadet
I'm having the same issue. This doesn't work despite having the damn thing "native" to dolphin.

Y-L

Smash Champion
I don't think the kelux one is compatible with native support. AFAIK, it's only the Nintendo and Mayflash.

Darxai

Smash Cadet
I figured out your issue. The newest version of dolphin is the one that supports it, and theres a good possibility you are using a wrong version. hope that helped.

Top Bottom