• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kalimba the Tiki Boogies His Way Through!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bandanna_Waddle_Dee

Smash Apprentice
I've been wondering. You know the Tiki Tak Tribe from Donkey Kong Country Returns? Yeah, I think they're cool. DKCR was a pretty recent game (by 'recent', I mean tge lattest DK game released). But there's one that stands out from the rest: Kalimba. He's most likely the leader and is the only one brave enough to at least TRY to hypnotize Donkey Kong. A Tiki Goon also appears in Mario Kart 7, which boosts his chances.

I definitely don't want him to replace anyone, though. I'd rather have Dixie Kong and King K. Rool. But, I would prefer him over characters like Cranky Kong (he's too old) or Squawks (I mean, seriously? What moveset would he have?)

So let's just get on with the moveset. I'm on my phone so once again no Bold writing. Here goes:

B Neutral: Tiki Slap
Kalimba slaps any opponents near him. If the B Button is repeatedly pressed, Kalimba will start slapping with both hands.

B Side: Maracas
Kalimba gets two Maracas out and shakes them.

B Up: Ukelele
Kalimba grabs a Ukelele and bashes it above his head. If charged up, Kalimba will stick it upwards, dealing more damage.

B Down (On Floor): Gong
Kalimba grabs a Gong and bashes it on the ground. This is great for knockbacks.

B Down (In Air): Accordion
Kalimba grabs an Accordion and waves it bellow him. It's not that affective, even if their percentage is high, opponents will only get knocked to the floor. However, it WILL work if there's no floor bellow your opponent.

Final Smash: Tiki Tak Tribe
This is similar to King Dedede's Final Smash. Kalimba goes flying to the middle of the stage, and his fellow Tikis surround him. Once in a line, they will start throwing explosive Bananas and occasionally Tiki Goons.

That's it. I think the character's pretty cool and needs some more spotlight.

Attachments

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom