• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K9 & Yoshiken's Bi-Monthly Round Robins

Anjila

Smash Cadet

NEXT DATE & TIME
Saturday, 7 May, 2011 @ 1:00pm

1033 S Longmore St.
Mesa, AZ 85202

**Call or text for apartment number (see bottom of page)

ENTRY FEE
$5 per person

POT SPLITS
1st: 60%
2nd: 30%
3rd: 10%

SETUPS
Brawl Set-ups
1. K9

TVs
1. Yoshiken/Anjila

Recording Set-ups

GENERAL GAMEPLAY RULES

1. 3 Stocks
2. 8 Minute Time Limit
3. Items set to "Off" and "None"
4. All infinites are legal.
5. Meta Knight's Infinite Cape Glitch and Extended Cape Glitch are banned.
6. There is a Ledge Grab Limit of 35 for Meta Knight and 50 for all other characters. If a game goes to time and one player goes over the Ledge Grab Limit for their character, they will automatically lose the game. If both players exceed their Ledge Grab Limit, then this rule is ignored.
7. The act of stalling is banned: stalling is intentionally making the game unplayable: Such as becoming invisible, continuing infinites past 300%, and reaching a position that your opponent can never reach you.
8. Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.
9. If the Ledge Grab Limit does not declare one player the winner, the winner will be declared by what the game says in all situations, except for when players are presented with sudden death:
* In the event of a match going to time, the winner will be determined by who has less percent (stock difference still takes priority but will be shown in the results screen).
* If the match ends with both players dying at the same time (either coincidentally or via suicide move) or if time ran out with both players at equal percent, a one stock three minute rematch will be played on the same stage. For a tie-breaker match, a Ledge Grab Limit of 13 is used for Meta Knight, and 18 for all other characters.

RULES OF CONDUCT

1. BYOC (Bring your own controller): Players are expected to bring their own controller and be prepared for every tournament set.
2. Pausing may be turned off by request and the request cannot be denied. In the event pause is on and is pressed, whether by accident or on purpose, the result will be a loss of the current stock for the perpetrating player.
3. Players who use the Wii Remote must take the batteries out of the Wii Remote when not playing. If the Wii Remote is still synced up to a Wii with the batteries in, you could unintentionally disrupt a match. If problems persist, a DQ may happen.
4. You are responsible for your own controller and name tag. Any malfunctions or errors that occur are your responsibility (including battery issues with a Wii Remote), so bring an extra controller if possible and always check to make sure you're using the correct settings BEFORE a match is played. Both parties need to agree if a match is to be paused or restarted because of these problems.
5. Intentional forfeiting, match fixing, splitting, and any other forms of bracket manipulation are not allowed and punishable by the TO.
6. No substitutions are allowed for singles or doubles.
7. Coaching is allowed only between games, not during. Failure to adhere to this will lead to punishment at the TO's discretion, which could include the removal from the venue.
8. DQ Rule: Arriving too late for a match can/will result in a DQ. Player(s) will have 5 minutes to show up before a loss of the first match. 5 more minutes results in a loss of the set.
9. The tournament organizer has the right to save/record any tournament match if possible and has the right to upload said match.
10. Regarding textures and other game hacks:
* Players may request that any texture, stage, or other hacks be disabled during a tournament set. If this is unable to be done, they may switch to a different setup if available.
* The BBR-RC recommends players do not use intrusive texture and stage hacks.
* Players are not allowed to use any game altering hacks, such as no-tripping or model hacks. If someone is caught setting up a system they brought with such hacks enabled can face punishment at the TO's discretion.​

STAGES

NEUTRALS
• Battlefield
• Final Destination
• Lylat Cruise
• Smashville
• Yoshi's Island

COUNTERPICKS
• Brinstar
• Halberd
• Castle Siege
• Delphino Plaza
• Frigate Orpheon
• Rainbow Cruise
• Pokémon Stadium
• Pokémon Stadium 2
• Picto Chat

MISCELLANEOUS INFO
• The top 4 winners of the round robin will be entered into a bracket.
• Light refreshments will be served.
• If snacks won't fill you, there is a McDonald's and a Carl's Jr. within walking distance of the complex.
• Depending on time, there will be a Side Event to be determined at the tournament.​

CONTACT
Shawn (K9): 480-217-4701 (CALL OR TEXT)
Kurtis (Yoshiken): 480-381-1424 (CALL ONLY)

Anjila

Smash Cadet
Please let me know if this is a good Friday! K9 said it can either be held this Friday the 22nd, or next Friday the 29th. I'll change it if this Friday doesn't work out for many. If you can't go on either, it's cool, we weren't expecting TOO many folks.

The main event is a $5 round robin, but afterwards, we'll likely do something like crew battles or money matches. Dunno!

Yoshiken96

Smash Journeyman
Like it says, this will start at 1:00, with no delay in time since the round robin tournament must be finished with no later than 6:30. Please bring a setup if possible, so that it isn't a slow running tournament.

Also, it says that it will end at 10:00, but that is really not set. This can go as late as you all want it to. We will try doing as many things as you all want (and what time allows) besides the main event. By that I mean: Crew battles, Doubles, low/middle tier tournies, random tournies, etc. We want to make this unique and entertaining.

EDIT: Also, this will not replace the regular tournament! Think of this more as a fun smashfest/side tournament.

Yoshiken96

Smash Journeyman
Wait, did K9 not contact them? When he asked me to put the thread together, I assumed that he had already called.

Anjila

Smash Cadet
wtf that tourney image is hot as ****
Thanks! :bee:

Anjila! may i use some of your artwork to spice up the season tourney threads? Your Artwork is too good.
Sure! I wouldn't mind making some sort of banner for each of the season tournies. I'd just have to know in advance.

Welp, K9 contacted Gamer's Inn, so we're confirmed for Friday :cool:

Yoshiken96

Smash Journeyman
Hey, can anyone pick me up for this? I am bringing a t.v., and my car will not be accessible to me until about 3:00 on friday. I live close to Gamer's Inn, so distance shouldn't be a problem.

Yoshiken96

Smash Journeyman
Same here. I have been trying to contact a bunch of people who originally said they were going, but I haven't heard back from anyone. I have been trying to get in touch with K9, because he said he was bringing a few people with him, but he hasn't replied to my texts. Hopefully I can get a hold of someone soon.

Jar'd

Smash Ace
Whatever, I guess I'm going and if no one shows, I'll just play League or some **** lol.

Yoshiken96

Smash Journeyman
So, we probably are just going to update this same thread for every side-tournament that we hold in the future, instead of making a new one. So just keep looking back at this thread if you ever want to know if anything is coming up (such as today's tournament haha).

Top Bottom