• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. I need advice on how to fight Wolf campers

The_Altrox

Smash Lord
NNID
The_Altrox
I have a friend who is a good Wolf user, but chooses to camp with Wolf. He goes to the edge of the stage and spams the gun. When you try to roll to him, he uses forward smash or grab. If you try an air approach, he counters that too. So in short, he knows what he's doing, and it's hard to break in to his wall.
I figured the wolf users could give me advice since you guys know the character well. How should I react?

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
I suppose you use Bowser. I would advice against doing so b/c Wolf has too many advantages over him.

It would be helpful, if you tell us how Wolf does destroy your approaches. I assume he uses jump bair double jump bair bair but unless I know I can't really help.

The_Altrox

Smash Lord
NNID
The_Altrox
Not just Bowser. I use a wide assortment of low tier characters. Ganon, PT, Ike.
also Zelda and G&W (not low tier, but still)

I haven't battled him in awhile. All I can say is, he knows what he's doing. There are spammers who spam, because that's all they can do. But then there are those wo are smart, and can thrive this way. I just know he's hard to approach. When I do use bowser, I often let the flames go in a mid-air position while I jump towards him, and if it does connect, I can force him out, and get some damage. But, it isn't easy.

truthfully, it's just hard to approach when Wolf's moves come fast, and with little lag

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
G&W should be your best choice. You can keep him from spamming with your bucket. Your bair is the best approach in the game and eats his shields for breakfast. Just outspace him with it.

AgentJGV

Smash Journeyman
Trox I know who your talking about and his rolls become really predictable. To approch him, Roll towards him when he's firing and time it so he doesn't hit you. When you get close he will roll in front of you and will be set up for death. Good luck and I know Smittay's a bugger.

zippo074

Smash Cadet
Hmm... Yea, wait on the other side of the stage like wolf93 said and wait for him to come to you. Or with zelda randomly use dins fire and reflect his lazers with nayrus love. And with any character, spam a projectile if you can. If your char. has no long range attks, jump over him, off the edge, then air dodge back to stage and do side air and It'll usually hit. My friend does this to, but with falco. =P

Top Bottom