• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Just stopping by to say hello (and some possible advice)

Nayyr

Smash Rookie
Hey everyone. I've been playing smash since 09'-10, though I've been exclusively playing brawl since it came out. I had never really been introduced to the competitive scene, it was always just me and my friends ******* around and mayyybe having a small tourney amongst ourselves. However after watching some tourney streams and the documentary I've been getting an itch to get back into melee since its pace is so much faster. The only real tech skills I had ever learned on my own was fast falling.
Now here's my problem, I pretty much have only played an aggressive toon link since the release of brawl. I just booted up melee today and I could not find a character that felt intuitive to me. Anyone out there have any character recommendations that might feel somewhat similar/be easier to start learning short hop/wavedashing on?

Last edited:
Top Bottom