• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Just started using Jigglypuff, looking for advice

InternetSandman

Smash Rookie
NNID
InternetSandman
I decided to try Jiggs out on a whim a few days ago and found her to be incredibly fun to use. Between juggling opponents with fair and nair, breaking shields with pound, and of course, rest, I'm actually having trouble devoting time to my main (Ganondorf) because she's so fun

I want to start picking her up as a secondary, if she's worth it, to cover the MU's I'm not happy with using Ganondorf in. It seems the big thing that I would need in order to do this is to consistently land rests, but there's a fair bit of essential game knowledge that I couldn't find here

1. When rest becomes a killing move, in terms of percent (assuming Jiggs is at 0, to give a baseline) on characters, as well as on different stages (it would kill earlier on T&C and Dreamland than on Battlefield or Final Destination, I assume). I've heard numbers from 40% to 80% here and there, and I really don't wanna land a rest only to have my opponent live and punish me for it

2. Information of moves that lead into rest at these kill percentages. The stickied thread about rest strategies only seemed to go so far in depth into it, and while I'm still learning to control Jigg's movement, I haven't found much from that thread. Moves that confirm into rest at certain % would be ideal, sourspot fair seems to be the go-to option, but from what little I've played, it seems to be incredibly picky about whether or not my opponent will end up where I am, moving forward

If any Jiggly veterans can help me out here, or direct me to more resources, I'd love that. I think she has loads of potential, if her options and confirms into rest are explored enough. Also, are there any other combos or strategies that you'd recommend practicing as her?

drakeirving

Smash Journeyman
The unfortunate thing is that her confirms are pretty poopy and unless changes start happening I doubt much new Rest tech will be discovered. Weak fair to Rest is cool but as you've noticed it's very picky and likes to pop things up differently half the time (Sakurai angle) so it's almost something you need to react to, which is difficult when you're going to be using fair all the time. The most reliable one is dair with forward momentum - jump - Rest, as this has quite a solid confirm ("pushed them in the wrong direction"; "not going fast enough"; etc) and nice ranges, often working at relatively early kill percents. At lower percents, uptilt and a near-ground upair will generally combo into Rest as well for some good damage often without much punish.

Last edited:

raromero89

Smash Rookie
In my experience, rest usually kills between 50 and 65 percent. 50 on light characters, most of the cast around 56, and the heavies are 60-65.

I also play as bowser and he dies around 65 to rest.

Top Bottom