• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Just some random thoughts from a Luigi noob

Lew

Smash Cadet
Just gonna give a quick shout out to the Luigi community and all the peeps that make our community a sweet place...big ups to everyone who made luigi jump 1 spot on the tier list:laugh:...slowly but steady we comin up.

Uh yeah but now to the real stuff...im just wondering how many people use the combo Nair>UpB. At low percentage i find its a solid hit as long as my opponent doesnt di or tech it and um what about Dtilt>UpB. This has probably been discussed long before my time but im new to the boards..so dont bite:chuckle:

kigbariom

Smash Lord
Yeah, the nair>UpB is pretty situational buy it works well if you can "sourspot" the nair then come in for the UpB. I think one reason Luigi moved up in the tier list is because of the gazillion ways of setting up an FJP.

Luju

Smash Rookie
But if you do a sour spot nair at low percentages with an UpB follow up, they knockback won't be that great. With Luigi's lag after the UpB he could get punished pretty badly.

Lew

Smash Cadet
But if you do a sour spot nair at low percentages with an UpB follow up, they knockback won't be that great. With Luigi's lag after the UpB he could get punished pretty badly.
yeah thats a good point right there my dude but ive found if you can pull it off at like a good 30% and the knockback if pretty decent...plus you could just fastfall it and be all good but its still situational and definitely punishable :laugh:

B!squick

Smash Master
You wont get punished if you land it and who cares if it doesn't kill? You just tacked on sick damage and 9 attacks later SHORYUKEN! is fresh again.

hippiedude92

Smash Hero
uh at high level play, most people will predict nair and DI out of it. it's not that hard lol. this should work like on jiggs since she easily dies from a simple dair nair sour spot to jab upb .

oh and jab upb is safer than just upb itself. welcome to the board again.

Kev!

Smash Journeyman
On most characters (didn't test all yet), there's actually a damage range that Dair > Nair > Shoryuken is a true combo. This is actually pretty cool, considering the string does like a million damage and knocks them too high to punish you if you fastfall the UpB.

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
On most characters (didn't test all yet), there's actually a damage range that Dair > Nair > Shoryuken is a true combo. This is actually pretty cool, considering the string does like a million damage and knocks them too high to punish you if you fastfall the UpB.
I'd like to believe this, but I can only see it happening on one or two characters. Anyone with a combo breaker like Mario or Marth can escape this.

ALiAsVee

Smash Ace
Sourspot Nair begs to be shieldgrabbed, and if you get past that you have to make sure you land and buffer the UpB and not do it in the air, because it's weaker then.

Lew

Smash Cadet
uh at high level play, most people will predict nair and DI out of it. it's not that hard lol. this should work like on jiggs since she easily dies from a simple dair nair sour spot to jab upb .

oh and jab upb is safer than just upb itself. welcome to the board again.
oh yeah most definitely jab upb is safer...i guess i just like doin silly **** for a challenge but thanks for the love and all that good stuff again, hippie my dude...look out luigi community here i come:laugh:

Top Bottom