• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

just saw this on the MK boards: killing snake

T-nuts

Smash Ace
apparently if snake picks up a grenade as an item, you can grab him and time it so that when you use your up throw, the grenade explodes toward the top and can kill snake at 0%. i have not tried this yet though. unfortunately, timing it wrong seems to result in kirby/meta knight's death. i dunno how useful this would be but thought i'd share.

cAm8ooo

Smash Lord
lol sounds like a funny way to kill a snake. I would like to see the face of the player when that happens.

Metal_Dave

Smash Journeyman
Looks like I need to start working this into my game lol. It's a big risk but if your a stock up against a snake might as well try it.

Delta Z

Smash Journeyman
Hmm...Omni Grab. Pulling this off consistently could mean a Snake that almost never uses 'nades. And that would make the fight a lot more fair, or even tilt it in our favor.

Kirby Magatsu

Smash Journeyman
Wow, very good man! Imagine this scene, you have Snake's power, you throw a grenade, he catches the grenade, you dash and grab him, and use Up Throw! Completely owned! I'll try this ^^

Kasai

Smash Journeyman
Now do you know if controller port effects this? I know that the player with the lower (4th is lower than 1st in this situation) port has faux super armor (fsa) which gives them super armor in cases like this.

An example would be:

Character A is in port 1 and character B is in port 2.

A grabs B (or vise versa) and an explosion happens. Because B is in a lower controller port, they take damage from hte explosion but don't move. A would take damage and get blasted to oblivion.

I don't have a chance to test this at the moment but I'm wondering if anyone could confirm that it still works if kirby is in a higher port than snake.

If it works...I can't wait to get a snake to catch my grenade...

Top Bottom