• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Just realized Lucina has combos

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saviorr

Smash Cadet
I was just playing with her in training mode and now her down throw combos. Down throw true combos into up air very easily. It's also possible to true combo a down throw into a back air into a forward air dealing a total of 22 damage. Hit stun duration seems to generally have gotten much larger for many attacks. A falling up air auto cancels and has enough hit stun to hit with almost anything if the opponent is still in range. A falling up air can even true into a forward smash dealing a total of 24 damage.

I'm honestly just scratching the surface of Lucina's new potential for combos. An advanced technique Lucina can now use is a short hop air dodge into falling up air.

Any other new combos or advance techniques? I've thought of some but haven't pulled them off yet...

Edit: Woops, I guess I just saw there was an update and then today was the first time I did those combos with Lucina. I assumed it was because of the update.

Edit: No changes were made to Lucina. I guess I should've researched as to whether or not Lucina had combos to begin with.

Last edited:

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
dthrow>uair was always a combo

Falling uair doesn't autocancel, it just has low end lag. All the combos possible with it already existed, and Lucina's are still worse than Marth's since she doesn't have tipper kill combos with it.

All the update did was add more 8-player stages and possibly fix a few bugs (I asked in other threads for someone to check Bowser Jr's teleporting glitch, but nobody responded...). Replays are still compatible and 3DS wasn't patched, those should be your first clues that nothing balance related happened anyway.

EternalFlame

Smash Ace
NNID
Eterna1Flame
3DS FC
1993-8719-0815
The guys here pretty much got the point, but you did ask if there were any other ATs around, so I'll point ya to my guide under the setups/combos section and the strategy section for some Lucina/Marth specific ATs. If you're still interested in finding ATs, I hope my guide can prove to be some use to you xD The guide you can reach through my signature (but for whatever reason, it may link you to my older version of it, so check the update and look for an entry from this year), or you can reach it via the table of contents thread at the top of the board.

Saviorr

Smash Cadet
The guys here pretty much got the point, but you did ask if there were any other ATs around, so I'll point ya to my guide under the setups/combos section and the strategy section for some Lucina/Marth specific ATs. If you're still interested in finding ATs, I hope my guide can prove to be some use to you xD The guide you can reach through my signature (but for whatever reason, it may link you to my older version of it, so check the update and look for an entry from this year), or you can reach it via the table of contents thread at the top of the board.
Thanks, great Marth guide. Since you seem to be an expert on Marth do you think Lucina has more kill potential than Marth in certain situations due to the fact that you don't need to space?

EternalFlame

Smash Ace
NNID
Eterna1Flame
3DS FC
1993-8719-0815
Thanks, great Marth guide. Since you seem to be an expert on Marth do you think Lucina has more kill potential than Marth in certain situations due to the fact that you don't need to space?
Thanks dude xD I won't say I'm an expert, but I'm just glad that it helps people, as those were lessons I had to learn myself as I'm getting better in the game.

Marth is fundamentally stronger by the principle that tippers allow him to kill sooner. Lucina can hold her own in her own right for not needing to worry about tippers, but Marth holds an upper hand due to the tipper and slightly better range. Lucina does, however, have a stronger Shield Breaker (Neutral B) and Up Smash. Lucina can have an easier time shattering shields, and an Up Smash not hindered by a sour spot, so these two things can change the gameplan a bit for Lucina. But both still play the same for their fundamentals, so really its just a slight change in kill method xD

Last edited:

SSJHero

Smash Rookie
NNID
Heroine
I found that Fair > Fair > Forward smash works. I've done it plenty of times.

This may be obvious, but I haven't played a Marth/Lucina since I was a kid in Melee.

Last edited:

LucinaNab1

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SSB311007Bond
I can definitely speak for the good qualities of Lucina's up smash. I've won some decisive 1v1s by correctly reading an aerial opponent, and giving them a good partially charged up smash to send them flying for the win.

Locuan

D&D Obsessed
BRoomer
Hey there everyone. As has been pointed out before, these combos have been known from before and we did not get any changes to Lucina in the 3DS patch that came out recently. If you guys want to discuss general gameplay for Lucina feel free to utilize the Lucina General Thread. Also, come by and introduce yourselves! I'm seeing a lot of new faces around here. That's awesome! Anyways, due to the observations stated before I will be locking this thread. I will also be adding the Marth True Combo Thread to our Table of Contents. Most of the combos listed there also work for Lucina. The only difference are that the % ranges will vary when utilizing Lucina to perform them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom