• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Just bought a USB converter thing

TheShagohad

Smash Rookie
I'd previously been using a logitech controller to play. Now I can use a real controller. The only problem is that either I'm doing something wrong or...well I'm probably doing something wrong. All the buttons work fine except for the down button and I'm unable to dash.

My setup is 4 axis 16 button joystick, am I using the wrong one?

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
Cant help ya. I use a nexttech controller, and funny enough I use the D-pad to play not the control stick, and I can still own it up, do all my combos.

My problem is I cant do anything BUT dash unless I hold forward during the lag of another attack. Whatever though I work around it, Ive found myself able to pivot if I tap fast enough though so thats all I really need, if I need to walk forward and f-tilt I just do a quick neutral a and hold forwards.

Hope you fix you problem and see ya online ;)

TheShagohad

Smash Rookie
Back in the day my friend used to complain about not being able to use the D-pad to play this game.

Umbrasquall

Smash Ace
It's probably an issue with your deadzone setting. Use Nrage plugin instead of the default.

Rupus

BRoomer
BRoomer
I think that you may need to configure the controller.

If you go on to the controller configuration on Windows (Control Panel -> Controllers), not on PJ64k, then you can change the deadzone on the controller.

This should allow you to use smash attacks and dash on your controller (It did for me, at least xP).

TheShagohad

Smash Rookie
Aha I got it working. All I needed to do was calibrate the controller I guess. I messed with Dead Zone settings yesterday so I thought I was going to have to mess with that, but nope. Thanks for the help. Oh and yeah it is Shagohod, I just think Shagohad looks better.

Top Bottom