• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Just bought a USB adapter

abcd1234

Smash Rookie
Hey everyone...i just bought a USB adapter so I can play with a controller but I can't seem to configure the controller correctly. I have already calibrated it, am using NRages plug-in, and have unchecked real n64 range and raw data. Anyways, when I load up smash, all my buttons work (including the d-pad) but my analog stick remains completely unresponsive. Does this mean I have to mess with the deadzone? Can someone actually explain what a deadzone is to me because I have no idea. Thanks in advance.

M3tr01D

Smash Lord
From what I know, deadzone is how sensative the analog stick is. 25% is the value on the console, make sure it's at 25 or below and you should be fine.

SmashThugZ

Smash Journeyman
were you able to calibrate the z axis and the z rotation of the stick when you did the calibration in the control panel?
if you were able to, then Im not sure why your stick is unresponsive in game; maybe you accidentally set the d pad as the joystick buttons?

Umbrasquall

Smash Ace
Yeah, make sure you calibrated it in the control panel as well. It's under hardware, and game controllers.

Johnny made a good point though. You might have set the d-pad controls. The analog stick control setup is at the lower right hand corner of the menu.

Top Bottom