• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Just Another Scrub

Nishizumi

Smash Rookie
Hello! I'm Nishizumi, my real name is Albert. I've been getting into Smash for the last few weeks. I play melee and Project M. To be honest, before these last few weeks, I haven't been really into Smash. I played it occasionally with friends, but I didn't know have the controls. It was pretty much just the stick, a, and b for me.

A friend introduced me to Smash again recently and I've been playing it since. I've been playing quite a lot of Marth and have decided to main him. I've been able to do some tech stuff such as short hops and L-cancelling. However I find it hard to apply inside a match.

As for tournaments, a few problems arise. As much as I want to get better and learn new things, I feel that I will be completely demoralized if I lose. I'm also not sure when to start going to tournaments, if I should practice some more etc. Getting to tournaments will also be a problem, my options to getting to tournaments are strictly limited to public transit or if a friend will be willing to take me. If anyone has any advice for me it would be great.

Welp. That about wraps it up.

Top Bottom