• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Just an idea...

TriviaGem

Smash Rookie
Okay, this is my first thread, and the idea just came at me out of nowhere. Sorry if I sound like a n00b or something.

The game is already out, but I thought of something that could have changed Ike's gameplay if it were included in Brawl. Well to start, we all know Ike has Super Armor without his sword during Aether, right? Well, what if he didn't? But that's not the whole idea, because what if he drops Ragnell and takes out a lighter Steel Sword instead?

Well, Ragnell seems to be the sole reason why Ike is so slow. I saw in PoR that in the beginning, Ike brought along four Steel Swords and thought that it would be pretty interesting to incorporate to Brawl. So with the sword, Ike would be a bit faster though his attacks would not kill as much. Also, I don't think he'd be able to perform Eruption. ...Would he be able to? I don't know. :urg:

As for Ragnell, I think that it would be an unuseable item to anyone but Ike and will wait until he picks it up. Though only the original Ike who lost the sword would be able to pick it up, of course.

So does the idea sound interesting, or would it just piss off players? (I feel like an idiot.)

Betaz

Smash Ace
>.> Hey I thought it would be kind of cool... a weapon system in brawl might make for some cool combinations >.> for example could you imagine a dual wielding Ike using both Ragnell AND Alondite? it would be like sacrifice even more of your speed for incredible power...or the steel sword to sacrifice power for speed...idk it would kind of be cool...but then it wouldn't be much of a Smash bros. game...just a cool thought...

menofuntall

Smash Cadet
Doubt any of this will ever happen, Sakurai's goal is to make games that casual players can play, well, casually. Weapon systems will turn it into a complex mess.

Not to mention, Ike's strength is usually always high enough to equip Ragnell without losing any AS.

Top Bottom