• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Just a small thanks.

Icarus Nocturne

Smash Rookie
NNID
IcarusNocturne
3DS FC
2363-5661-9383
I know its small but I wanted to say thanks to all of you guys.

I've been lurking and taking notes about all the certain things King Dedede can do, how to handle certain match ups, and especially how to use my gordos properly.

Yesterday, I managed to pull my first local tournament victory using only Dedede.
I had everyone in the store watching my matches and giving me props for not changing my character, even if the match up was not in my favor. I don't I've ever felt the feeling of being cheered on before. It was kind of amazing. I fought Diddy's, Shieks, and even beat the best Luigi in the store.

Heck, I even knocked out the 5 time champion before he could make it into top 3.

I was sent to losers by a Falco but managed to stay in the tournament for a rematch against him. Needless to say, I ended up winning both sets. All the matches were pretty close but Dedede proved to be the better bird.

I had a lot of people to thank but at the end of the day, it was all of you guys that truly helped me get my first victory.
Thanks for all the tips and laughs everyone.

D

Deleted member

That's awesome to hear, man! Glad to hear that you stuck with throughout the entire tourney and that you did so well in general. These boards are a pretty awesome place and I've learned my fair share about learning how to play D3 too!

Girthquake

Smash Journeyman
NNID
R0cco_Siffredi
The boards are here to help everyone improve. I'm happy that you could do the king justice.

Top Bottom