• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Wii U Just a Heads Up to anyone who still needs All Star on Hard.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Months ago, I completed All Star on hard with every character (even Mii's), and thus was on my way to collect everything else.

Yesterday, I downloaded Mewtwo and decided to do All Star on hard with him just for fun. Stage 3, Mewtwo was added in after Pikachu.

So that means, if you have Mewtwo, then he will appear in other modes and thus would make All Star on hard tougher since there's one more character to defeat.

Chocoroko

Smash Cadet
NNID
Chocoroko
Thankfully, Mewtwo is rather light, so he isn't tough to take down. It's just one more character, although I'm still on my way to beat All Star on Hard with everybody. Only 24 more to go. I managed to also beat it on Hard with Mewtwo today.

supersaiyanmikito

Smash Cadet
I thought Mewtwo would make All-Star Mode harder as well but after today, I feel like something is different. I first tried Shulk and Duck Hunt on Hard almost effortlessly. Before the patch I could never even get passed 4 rounds with Duck Hunt, much less beat it in one attempt and all I did was spam smashes. It honestly feels like the patch may have nerfed the difficulty of All-Star because they just stupidly walk into my fully charged smashes over and over again.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
There's still Captain Falcon's challenge though, as you'd have to deal with Mewtwo as well if you're trying to conquer all the stages without healing any damage.

Anyway, the DLC characters will make the harder All-Star mode challenges more difficult to beat, so you might want to think twice if you want Mewtwo and/or Lucas.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Pretty sure you can delete the DLC without any ill side-effects, which should remove Mootoo from the solo modes.

Might be best to wait until he's officially out though, not sure if you can redownload him right now.

N7Kopper

Smash Apprentice
NNID
N7Kopper
3DS FC
2895-9534-7967
Pretty sure you can delete the DLC without any ill side-effects, which should remove Mootoo from the solo modes.

Might be best to wait until he's officially out though, not sure if you can redownload him right now.
Pretty certan you can. And even if you can't, nothing's stopping you from backing up his data to a separate storage device to hide it from the game.

Interesting. An other user told me this:
- DON'T play with Mewtwo Multi man Smash. Your save data will corrupt. Wait until Nintendo fix this.
Don't beat 10 Man Smash with every character in the game, including Mewtwo. Because that's what locks you out of Online mode. Mewtwo by itself does nothing.

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I just realized that the inclusion of DLC characters in All-Star mode can also make Jigglypuff's and Shulk's challenges tougher, as they need to complete the true Solo All-Star mode within 6 minutes.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Interesting. An other user told me this:
- DON'T play with Mewtwo Multi man Smash. Your save data will corrupt. Wait until Nintendo fix this.
Ok i did 100 man with mewtwo and nothing happened to my data

And to everyone

Ofcoarse mewtwo gets added to the solo modes

I expected this since the announcement

(Athough strangely i played with Mewtwo in all-star before evryone was unlocked i diden't see mewtwo)

And im glad mewtwo gets added to all solo modes it makes the varity more random in the modes and adds challenge.

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
While it may just be one character, Mewtwo does have one of the strongest projectile moves in the game, in a round where nobody else really has a KO projectile move (minus Sheik's Up-B). And as we all know, projectiles aren't affected by knockback tweaks in All-Star... this could potentially make Round 3 a lot more dangerous.

Top Bottom