• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Just 2 questions

JUGGERNAUT043

Smash Apprentice
hello i got 2 questions iv been meaning to ask, 1. if jceaser or rob on general started to get very high on tourney winnings would he get nerfed then? 2. why is he allowed to have no hurbox on half of his arm moves?

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
1. It's not as simple as a character winning a lot. We looks for aspects of a character that we deem toxic to competitive play (like Sonic's spindash outclassing his entire neutral game, or Lucario being able to link any shield hit into the side-B grab) and try to rectify that. Of course we also make tweaks to try to make the cast as balanced as possible and make sure there are no horribly lopsided matchups, and tournaments provide valuable data towards that end. I'd really rather not get too deep into this subject though.

2. ROB's hurtboxes go to his wrist. His fist is the only part that doesn't have a hurtbox (this is not uncommon among the cast). This doesn't change on a per-move basis, and he doesn't have any partial invincibility on any of his moves. Fsmash is far more disjointed than ftilt.

JUGGERNAUT043

Smash Apprentice
1. yeah id rather not either right now, maybe later though id love a good debate on characters designs as of now if u promise not to be " no your wrong because i said so argghhhh!!" like iv seen some ppl (usually melee vets defending YOU KNOW WHO) lol! not many on here will actually discuss but anyway..
2. well when i checked it last his 1st jab and down tilt had no hurtbox on his entire arm, i could have been wrong on my viewing but im fairly sure i had every set up accordingly in brawlbox

Top Bottom