• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Midwest [Jun 29, 2015] House of Fear: Grand Finale (Highland Heights, Kentucky)

Playa 5

Smash Rookie
-------------------- HOUSE OF FEAR --------------------

THANK YOU NOTE FROM THE HOST:
Hey everyone, before I go into the details of this tournament. I would like to personally thank you all for being so respectful and good to me over the last few months that House of Fear has went on. We're basically a training family like Jake King has explained to me. We have not broken anything in this place, not abused one another, and noone has fought. We may have our disagreements on how characters matchup, but we still play with sportsmanship. House of Fear been going as smooth as I could have hoped for. You guys also stuck with me through my challenging school work, my roommates using the same space for their school work, and family issues. We still kept this thing going. Now, to the juicy stuff.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

TOURNAMENT DETAILS:
DATE: June 29th, 2015 (06/29/2015)
ADDRESS: 354 Knollwood Drive. Highland Heights, Kentucky. 41076.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

EVENTS:

Super Smash Bros. Melee Singles ($ 2.00 entry fee) + ($50.00 Pot Bonus)

Super Smash Bros. Project M Singles (New Version 3.6) ($ 2.00 entry fee) + ($25.00 Pot Bonus)

Drunk Doubles 21+ (The AFTER-PARTY!!!):disco:

(All minors must be out when the event starts and you must drink at least 2 beers or 2 shots before playing your first match with your partner. You may crash here if you don't have a designated driver for the night.)
------------------------------------------------------------------

DOORS OPEN: (12 p.m.)

(People with setups show up as early as possible and have free entry. First come. First serve. Limited space for setups available.)
FRIENDLIES/REGISTRATION: (12 p.m. - 5:45 p.m.):dazwa:
MATCH RULES:

Standard Tournament Rules Apply. Rock/Paper/Scissors for first stage strike. Following the 1-2-1 strike format. Winner can ban a stage and switch characters after a victory. Loser can counter-pick a character and stage. The normal stuff applies here. All stuff we're used to.

You may gentleman pick any stage if both parties agree on the decision. If you partner wants to play on Mute City because "It's the Midwest baby!" you both must agree and you have to come get me to approve the decision.
Yoshi's Story, Fountain of Dreams, Battlefield, Final Destination, Dream Land, and Pokemon Stadium (Counter-Pick) are the playable stages.

Winners/Losers Semi-FInal Matches are best 3 of 5. Grand Finals are also best 3 of 5. All matches before this are best 2 of 3.
-----------------------------------------------------------------

POOLS BEGIN: (6 P.M.)

(Please advise, that if turnout is low enough (Less than 32) for everyone to make it into bracket we will play for seeds instead.)
If you cannot make it here at 6 p.m. you MUST TEXT OR CALL ME:phone:at 513-518-2138 before your pool ends so I can keep you in the tournament. If one player in your pool completes all of their matches and you're not here. You're out. You will have some breathing room for time, but I will only offer you a little.

BRACKET BEGINS: (After pools - probably around 8 p.m. or 9 p.m.)

Pool play is strictly enforced. Every match after 6 p.m. must be for competition for you are automatically eliminated. With limited setup space, time is of the essence. Be kind to one another and be aware of your time on a setup.

PRIZE MONEY DISTRIBUTION:
1st: 60% of all money in the pot.
2nd: 25% of all money in the pot.
3rd: 15% of all money in the pot.

Last edited:

David Lo Pan

Smash Rookie
Awesome smash, glad I got to make to to the last one!

On the off chance anyone sees this, I actually enjoyed myself a bit too much and failed to realize my copy of melee never made it home. It was last seen being used for a wii set up in the front room. If anyone has an unclaimed melee disc or any information it would be much appreciated. Thanks

shockage

Smash Rookie
would've loved to come to this tourney but I just came back from flordia on like july 1st, planning to host any more tournaments nearby in the future? or smashfests for friendlies?

Top Bottom