• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Jumping off of players heads?

LakewoodLoc

Smash Rookie
Ok i'm semi new to brawl, didn't get the game until recently, played 64 and melee. I've been looking at these boards for a while and just decided to register to ask this question so here it is.
Also i main Falco and this effects him alot so i'm posting it here.

Basically i'll jump out to do a spike and the CPU will jump off my head, and with falcos limited vertical recovery it's usually an automatic death for me cause firebird will not save me. Anyways i was wondering how you jump off others peoples head and if actual people do this or just computers? I've watched tourny vids and played against friends and have never seen or done this, only the CPU has done this to me.

How can i prevent this from happening and use it to my advantage against others?

Thanks for the help in advance.

B-Mon

Smash Journeyman
Well, Footstool jumping occurs when one player is near the other player's cranium and presses the Jump command button. This allows for the Jumpee to regain a jump using the other player's head. It can happen during an attack, in the air, and on the ground.

I think that only when one is shielding, a footstool can't break through and function.

iDizZzY

Smash Journeyman
i actually go for it when my opponent is below me. Because most opponents cant attack while they are trying to recover (except for really ROB and Metaknight), i usually go down and attempt a footstool when they are too low for my Dair to spike

Top Bottom