• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Jump-cancelled pk thunder

Have you seen/heard of this tech before

• No

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Yes

Votes: 7 77.8%

• Total voters

Cornbrd

Smash Cadet
Been playing Ness since game came out but noticed something while in the lab.

Not sure if this is already known or not but appears new to me.

The tech is simply jump-cancelling pk thunder.
Just like jump-cancelled up smash you move forward a bit while initiating a move.

Easier to execute having L be jump

Distance is about the same as his inital dash. Pretty cool actucally but not sure if new...

Bump plox

Last edited:

Funen1

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Funen1
Given that jump-cancelling stuff isn't specific to Ness, I wonder if this really deserves its own thread, but I don't want to backseat-mod. At any rate, it's not new, not even for Ness. When dashing towards the ledge for an edgeguard, I frequently (sometimes too much lol) do jump-cancelled B-reversed PKTs to quickly turn myself around in preparation for a possible D-smash (it's faster than waiting for Ness to finish his skidding/pivoting animation and then doing PKT). And while Ness does gain extra distance by jump-cancelling, the extra distance from doing it with PKT isn't very big, if there's any at all, so it's not like it really improves his positioning options, especially given PKT keeps him immobile anyway.

Cornbrd

Smash Cadet
Given that jump-cancelling stuff isn't specific to Ness, I wonder if this really deserves its own thread, but I don't want to backseat-mod. At any rate, it's not new, not even for Ness. When dashing towards the ledge for an edgeguard, I frequently (sometimes too much lol) do jump-cancelled B-reversed PKTs to quickly turn myself around in preparation for a possible D-smash (it's faster than waiting for Ness to finish his skidding/pivoting animation and then doing PKT). And while Ness does gain extra distance by jump-cancelling, the extra distance from doing it with PKT isn't very big, if there's any at all, so it's not like it really improves his positioning options, especially given PKT keeps him immobile anyway.
Idek haven't posted much on smashboards, thought this was new but since not then yeah should've asked an already made thread

[/THREAD]

Meccs

@Meccs_
I pretty much always jump>immediate pkt out of habit when using pkt. Whether I'm Running, standing, whatever. Not sure why its a habit i have, but I know other Ness players who do it too and dont really have an explantion for it either. Feels like something I've done since Brawl.

EnhaloTricks

Smash Apprentice
I think I've done a JC PKT as a mixup every now and then? With the hopes of getting then with the initial hitbox and linking into pkt2.

Meccs Meccs I also jump if im gonna do a vanilla pkt2 on someone lol. It's weird, but it feels nice. Helps me loop it around more accuratelt, I feel.

Top Bottom