• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Cash 3: Charity Gaming Tournament

Smash 4 Cash 3: Charity Gaming Tournament
Posted by J-Hi
FBC Matthews Youth Activity Center
Saturday, July 8, 2017 - 11:00 AM
Until: Saturday, July 8, 2017 - 07:00 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: America/New_York)
Categories

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: America/New_York

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

J-Hi

Smash Cadet
NNID
JHi_Smash
From the team that brought you “Smash 4 Cash 2” comes…

SMASH 4 CASH 3

AKA Smash 4 Cans​

When: Saturday July 8th, 2017

Where: FBC Matthews Youth Activity Center (201 Sadie Dr, Matthews NC 28105)

What: Charity Video Game Tournament

Why: Raise money for Second Harvest Food Bank of Metrolina

Who: Everyone is welcome

Overview:
  • The entry fee is $5 or more towards Second Harvest Food Bank of Metrolina. For that donation, you can enter/play anything you want! (feel free to bring cans too).
  • The building we’ll be is the one near the bank, has a gym attached, the tournament won’t be in the sanctuary.

• There’s parking to the left of the building or across the street, there’s plenty of space.

• Bring Your Own Console, even non-nintendo ones! (no M games please)

• If you bring a console or tv, you get a free slice of pizza! (limit 2 free slices per person)

• There is a building next to the YAC for other activities like air hockey, ping pong, pool, foosball, tv, and couches.

• There will be pizza, snacks, and drinks available for purchase, $1 per slice and $.50 per drink/snack.

• Nearby Restaurants: Subway, Which Wich, Bojangles, Wendy’s, Zaxby’s, etc.

• Even if you aren’t a gamer, feel free to come and support the cause!

• If cannot attend and would still like to support financially, click below: https://give.classy.org/s4c3fooddrive

• Any questions, reply on this post or email me at Jhiley1c13@gmail.com

Schedule (estimated, subject to change):

11 am- Venue opens, registration starts, friendlies

12:30pm- Project M singles

1:30 pm- Smash 4 singles

2:00 pm- Pizza arrives

2:30 pm- Melee singles

7:00 pm- Closing time

Prizes:

If you bring a console* and/or tv**, you get a free slice of pizza! (limit of 2 free slices per person)

Project M, Sm4sh, Melee 1st- $25
2nd- $10
3rd- $5

Additional prizes will be raffled off to everyone that makes a donation.

*Console: all necessary cables/adapter + game to go with it (example: wii u with HDMI cable, power cable, gamecube adapter, gamepad/wiimote to turn on, and smash 4 disc/download. 20XX for melee is allowed. I would prefer dlc characters and dreamland, but you still get pizza if you don’t have them)

**TV: CRT TV with composite input or LCD TV with HDMI input (minimal/no lag please)

Tournament Rules:

DSR: you can’t choose a stage that you already won on in the same set
Infinites are allowed up to 300%
Winner is based on the win screen except for sudden death, then it’s based on who has less percent. If they have the same percent/died at the same time, a 1 stock 3 min game is determined who wins the match.

Project M Singles

3.6 version, 4 stock 8 min, no items, no giga bowser/wario man, 2/3 until top 3
Starters: Yoshi’s Story, Green Hill Zone, Smashville, Battlefield, Pokemon Stadium 2, Delfino’s Secret, Dreamland 64 (bottom row of front page)
Counterpicks: Castle Siege, Warioland, Fountain of Dreams, Final Destination, Yoshi’s Island (middle row, except for the right 2, only the left 5)
Winner gets 3 bans, except for top 3 in which there are 2 bans

Smash 4 Singles

2 stock, 6 min, no items, no customs/equipment, default Miis (1111) and DLC characters allowed, 2/3 until Top 3 in which it is 3/5
Starters: Smashville, Final Destination, Battlefield/Miiverse, Town & City, Lylat Cruise
Counterpicks: Dreamland 64 (not connected to battlefield unless you gentleman’s to do so)
Winner gets 1 ban

Melee Singles

4 stock, 8 mins, no items, 2/3 until top 3
Starters: Final Destination, Battlefield, Dreamland, Yoshi’s Story, Fountain of Dreams
Counterpicks: Pokemon Stadium
Winner gets 1 ban, except for 3/5 in which there are no bans

Other details:

-Brackets: http://smash4cash.challonge.com/ all brackets will be on this.

-Be respectful of everything in the building! My youth pastor let me use the Activity Center for free, so it’d be great if you guys would treat it well. Also, treat others the way you want to be treated (Matthew 7:12, Luke 6:31, the golden rule, whatever you want to call it).

-No profanity please, this is an event hosted at a church, keep things PG.

-Bring your own controller please, there will be a few extra but it makes things wayyyyy easier if people have their own.

-Wireless controllers allowed (wiimote, pro controller, gamepad, 3ds/2ds, etc., but if you aren’t playing or you’re playing on another console, please disconnect your wireless controller first! If it stays connected, it can interfere with matches being played. Wired controllers are preferred, but not necessary. If you have an extra controller, bring it please, we can never have too many controllers.

-For bringing setups, homebrew version of PM and 20XX hack pack for melee are allowed.

-For smash 4 setups, please have all tournament legal dlc (characters, dreamland, 1.1.6 version) and please bring a gamecube adapter!

-If you’re bringing a setup, you can come a little earlier than 11, like around 10:45, it’ll help with setting up everything and the event to run smoother if we have a decent amount of setups before everyone arrives.

-If there’s extra time/enough interest, we can do other brackets, like doubles, crew battles, low tier singles, etc.

-I’m trying to record/stream matches, so if you have any advice for acquiring those tools, it’d be much appreciated (if you message me and bring a streaming setup you’ll have free entry).

A little about myself:

Sup dudes, my tag is J-Hi. 2 years ago, a few smash players from my high school and I ran the first smash 4 cash with 3 setups in someone’s house (shoutouts to Ben Cawthon’s dad for the house). We hosted the event to raise money for our marching band’s trip to Hawaii in which we performed in the Pearl Harbor parade . Last year, I decided to try and host a sequel at my church to raise money for an impoverished child from Nicaragua named Jose. Since last year was such a success (over $320 raised), I’ve decided to try and host another one. Jose ended up aging out of the program, so I figured I could find a local charity to support. I stumbled on the Second Harvest Food Bank of Metrolina and thought it’d be a great fit.

My freshman year at college was really fun, largely due to finding the smash scene in Lynchburg. I met a lot of amazing people, starting becoming a consistent TO, and even got on the Liberty University smash 4 PR (I’m #8, we’re free but it’s something lol). So, after realizing some of the flaws of last year’s event and having experience from running brackets in college, I have a feeling this will be the best Smash 4 Cash yet!

TL;DR- Charity tournament, I’m a better TO now, be there!

Hopefully I’ll see you all there at Smash 4 Cash 3! Any questions, don’t be afraid to ask by responding here or email me at jhiley1c13@gmail.com

ssbjwm

Smash Rookie
NNID
walker122
3DS FC
5472-9137-4525
Is there a venue fee?

J-Hi

Smash Cadet
NNID
JHi_Smash
Smash 4 Cash 3 went amazing yesterday! Over 50 people showed up, with 23 entering pm, 30 for smash 4, and 24 for melee. We had some amazing matches. Rylet took PM over Vulfaerix in set 2 game 5, with them playing 14 games against each other. Vulfaerix got his revenge in Melee, getting the clean 6-0 over Rylet. In Smash 4, we also had a very exciting set of matches, with Sad Machine winning over shotgunraptorjesus in 14 games. We raised $295 for Second Harvest Food Bank of Metrolina, a number I'm proud of for sure! Thank you to everyone who attended, I had an amazing time and I hope everyone did as well. Hope to see you next time, August 5th, for Smash 4 Cash 4!

Challonge brackets: http://smash4cash.challonge.com
Smash 4 VODs: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/157584586
Pictures of event: https://www.facebook.com/events/1434846586580945/?active_tab=about

Top Bottom