• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Atlantic South [Jul 18, 2015] CC-IRL 2: Melee/Project: M Monthly (Bossier City, LA)

KinGly

Smash Journeyman
Bossier/Shreveport area is about to have our second monthly tournament. We gained a lot of experience from the last one and I know what I'm doing this time around, so expect things to run sooner and much more efficiently :). We could desperately use setups, so please bring one if you can.

What Games?:
Melee and Project: M 3.6B singles

Where:
Geeks 4 Life
1902 Alfred Ln. Bossier City

When:
July 18th
5:30 PM-start of Project: M: signups
6:00 Melee begins
Project: M begins as Melee begins to wind down, probably 7:00

Entry Fee:
$5 for each game

Due to how we are required to take sign-ups through the store, and how the store handles such things, $2.50 of every entry goes to the prize pot, and the other $2.50 goes to the store.

Sign-ups: go to the front desk and tell them you are signing up for Melee, Project: M, or both, and give them your five or ten dollars. Then come talk to me (ask about me!) and I'll put you in the bracket. Let me know if you're from out of town or have friends and I'll try to keep y'all from meeting in bracket early :D

Payouts: PAYOUTS ARE STORE CREDIT!!! Geeks 4 Life has a bunch of comic books and card game stuff, as well as board games and a restaurant of sorts, so there will be something to spend the money on :)
1st: 60% of prize pot
2nd: 30%
3rd: 10%

Project: M Ruleset:
* 4 stock, 8 minutes.

* Sets are best of 3. Finals are best of 5.

* Items set to “off” and “none.”

* Either player may call for a Double Blind character selection for the first match.

* Dave’s Stupid Rule: A player may not counterpick any stage he won on in a set.

* Controller port is determined by Rock Paper Scissors (or whatever dumb game you can both agree to) if it can’t be agreed upon. For doubles, the controller ports must be 1-2-2-1.

* For doubles, Team Attack is on and life stealing is allowed. Remember that Attack+Special, not the Pause button, is used to steal lives.

* Pausing during a match, unless okayed by the other player, will result in the loss of one stock for the pauser.

* Quitting out of a match before it is over will result in a loss for the quitter.

* If time runs out, the person with the most stock left (or least % if stocks are equal) wins. If the % is equal as well, play a 1 stock 3 minute match, same characters and stage.

* If the match goes to sudden death due to a suicide move (Ganon’s side-B, Kirby/DDD’s swallow, holding someone in a grab on a platform as it moves out of the boundaries, etc.), the one who initiated the move wins.

* Buffer set to off.

* Auto L-cancel set to off.

* Custom controls are allowed, but controllers modified to enhance performance are not. No turbo buttons, etc. However, removing the springs from shoulder buttons or replacing a thumbstick with a different thumbstick are ok.

* Custom music is allowed as long as it’s not too distracting, but any textures or vertex hacks outside of the official team color textures are not.

* In the event that the game crashes or the TV/Wii loses power in the middle of a match, that match will be restarted from the beginning with the same characters and stage. If a player uses a known glitch to intentionally crash the game or otherwise make it unfinishable, that player may be forced to forfeit the match or be DQed at the TO’s discretion.

* No excessive stalling (this includes abusing Jiggs’ Rising Pound and Mario’s Up-B Walljump)

* Giga Bowser and WarioMan are banned.

Stagelist: For the 1st match, stage strike the starter list in a 1-2-1 fashion. After each match the winner bans 2 stages. The player who lost then chooses a stage, then the player who won chooses a character, then the player who lost chooses a character.

Starter Stages: Middle 5 Bottom Row
Green Hill Zone
Smashville
Battlefield
Pokemon Stadium 2
Delphino's Secret

Counterpicks: Middle 5 Middle Row
Warioware
Fountain of Dreams
Final Destination
Yoshi's Island
Distant Planet

* Gentleman's agreement: Any stage may be chosen if both players agree to it.

Melee Ruleset:
Apex Ruleset:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/74563582/Apex/Apex2015_Rulebook.pdf
4 stocks
8 minutes
Items set to "off" and "none"
Sets will be best of 3, finals will be best of 5

Stage striking: Players will ban from the starter list in 1-2-1 fashion. After the match the winner bans 1 stage. The player who lost then chooses a stage, then the player who won chooses a character, then the player who lost chooses a character. *Best of 5 sets have no stage bans.

Starters:

Final Destination
Yoshi's Story
Battlefield
Dreamland
Fountain of Dreams (singles only)
Pokemon stadium (doubles only)

Counter Pick:
Pokemon Stadium (singles only)
Kongo Jungle (doubles only)

* Gentleman's agreement: Any stage may be chosen if both players agree to it.

* KinGly's rule: don't be dumb.

Top Bottom