• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Advice Judge My Character Pool

Gibaaay

Smash Rookie
So I've been playing Smash for a little over a decade. I started when my neighbor bought Brawl on release day. We would play for hours, this is the point in my life where I learned about the all-nighter game binges us gamers so like to go on. We only played casually and didn't really know what we were doing; nonetheless, it brought great joy to my life to hear him complaining about how dumb it is that I could destroy his Sheik (who we thought was the best character in the game) with Olimar (who we thought was low tier). He has since moved away from our neighborhood as well as my life, but my love for Smash, and especially winning in Smash, has continued. I bought both versions of Smash 4 on release, and played a bit more seriously (I guess if you count For Glory as serious). Here I picked up Ness as my main and I would also like to pull out Marth, as I enjoyed his spacing with his tippers. Here we are 2 years into Ultimate and I think I'm finally ready to take some steps towards REAL competitive Smash. I main Incineroar (because I find him the most fun to play and am also a big Poke-fan) and can pretty easily wreck my friend group of Smash players. I know Incineroar's pretty low-tier and has some very exploitable weaknesses, so I've been practicing my Ness as well to cover a lot of his terrible matchups and to add versatility to my play. The biggest weakness I've found with this combo is Lucina, who counters both my main and my secondary and is pretty popular. I've been thinking about pulling out my Marth as a pocket from Smash 4 to try to at least go even with Lucina mains, if not edge them out just a tad. Does 'Main: Incineroar, Secondary: Ness, Pocket: Marth' sound decent for good competitive matchup spread?

TL;DR: I'm looking for advice on my character pool of Main: Incineroar, Secondary: Ness, Pocket: Marth

Top Bottom