• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Jords2Good is here.

Jords2Good

Smash Journeyman
Hello guys, decided to come join the smash boards today.

I'm Jords2good and I love to play games and play competitively!

So yea, am I that good? Well it depends on the games I like and if I'm good at. Either it be time trials, Fighting, racing, Surviving as long as you can and more. Some being Sonic generations time trials, Rayman legends challenges, Mario Kart, Super Smash bros Brawl and Call of duty Black ops zombies. Call of duty had it going good with the zombie series, well designed maps and a good way to kill time, kill zombies People added me so much online because I was the go to user if they wanted to go far into zombies and last a really long time but its sure as hell annoying being the only one alive when your team mates constantly dies, even after I revive them.From all the friend request, if I were to keep all of the contacts on my ps3, I think i would of gotten over 500 contacts.

I think my favourite type of competition is surviving the longest. This was something I was good at with fair amount of games like COD zombies, Rayman Legends Go as far as you can challenges and Little big planets Survivor mini challenges. Its that feeling of people watching me continue forward lasting longer than other players and they gotta watch me go and be slick with my skills.

About smash now:

I bought back brawl sometime last year in the summer and decided to get really good with it. In the early times I played brawl around 2009 I would mostly play with items on. Now I don't play with items and focus on my characters abilities and strengths and I made a big improvement with my gameplay because I actually took the time to learn my characters move set and how they move and what kinda of risk I can pull off with them.

The smash bros game I only play is brawl and that game is when I became a huge fan of the smash series and smash 4 is coming and I really want to get more competitive.

Now, most people don't like brawl but brawl is something I play a lot and I mostly play with friends and family and I play pretty good. I'm always the one to win matches when playing when playing with my family . With smash 4, I feel like my skills can get better with better movement and other stuff.

Although I play with Wiimote and nunchuk for brawl and the input feels accurate to me but watching smash 4 and melee I feel like I can move fast like those players because I can feel the limits of what I can do in brawl, I dont know, kinda hard to explain.

I've done many matches by myself with CPUs trying to learn my favorite characters. It really help too because I would set it all of them at level 9. CPUs still Stupid lol. Even level 9.

But I'm done playing with CPUs, I want real competition. If I face a real competitive person I could learn from them and get much better.

It'll be nice if I'm already as good as them, but probably unlikely since I play brawl.

Kinda rambled but I wanted you guys to know what I feel about smash and what I want to do.

So, the characters. My mains are Sonic, then Kirby. I also got Peach as 3rd, and Luigi 4th.

I like Sonic, fast, good with dealing damage, but he can be a pain when trying to knock someone out sometimes but that's a minor problem because I would keep coming at the player until he's dead instead of standing around trying to get that perfect move.

I use his DownB and SideB a lot and try to finish it with one of the air attacks. BackAir is what I usually use to knock a player out. His neutral B is something I depend on too, I use it to help me get closer with my recovery.

I'm hoping Sonic will be much better in smash and it seems like he is better which is exciting!

Another thing, I live in Canada, Ontario and I'm not sure how I would visit these events because most of them seemed to be in the US, so if anyone knows a spot in Canada (maybe in Toronto) where they have smash tournaments. How often do they do it, is it yearly? Please tell me if you know.

Hopefully I can stay active here because I usually just stay with one forum and that forum is the Sonic Stadium Message board.

Well I think that's all I have to say right now.

Hokori

Great King of Evil
A Wiimote & Nunchuck Warrior, huh? Your kind is pretty rare.

First off, a very warm welcome to our community. You can find fellow Canadian Smashers in the Canada sub-forum. You should see Ontario threads right away. For the tournaments, this is where you can keep up with what's going on.

Enjoy your stay.

Top Bottom