• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Joining the battle

Akkien

Smash Cadet
What's better than joining smashboards at 7am of christmas because the hype doesn't let you sleep?

Hey everyone, I'm Akkien (You can call me Akki; everyone does it sooner or later), a newbie player when it comes to competitive smash, all the way from Venezuela. The reason I joined the forum is because me and a couple of friends have been playing Brawl intensively trying to beat each other for some months now, and about a week ago we came across Project M.

As a person who played Melee once or twice in life, who didn't even own a GameCube, I never got used to the mechanics of the game nor the GC controller (which all of my friends use because they all had Melee). Once we found about Project M though, we started playing it and I discovered how much I needed to improve if I wanted to catch up with my friends. It was then when I became more interested about smash as a competitive game and started watching some videos on YouTube of the S@X matches and techniques that good players used (I've also been reading a lot of threads from here these past couple of days), and since my own wii is pretty much broken right now I can't practice on my own so it's hard to contain the hype.

Today, I finally decided on signing up here after I saw "The Smash Bros Documentary" on YT and thought to myself "Hey, I want to be more than a casual player who wants to beat a friend. I want my try at being part of the Smash story", so here I am.

From the 64 version to Brawl, I've always "mained" Fox. Always. But ever since I started playing Project M I felt like changing my play. I'm having a tough time trying to decide on a main but I would say it's between Lucas, Fox, and probably Mewtwo. I also like Toon Link, Ness and Zelda though.

It would be great for me if I ever go to a tournament but they're really hard to find here at my country; my internet is not the best so online playing is not viable for me, and traveling outside is just too expensive for me right now.

Uhh aside from smash you could say I'm a huge anime fan. I watch literally from 5 to like 15 animes per season, depending on how much free time I have. I also enjoy drawing a lot, and I hope to work on something close to sequential art in the future. Oh, and I also like playing competitive Pokémon from time to time (Still saving for ORAS though)

And... yeah, that's as good as this introduction post will get. Hope we get along!

Top Bottom