• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

F-Zero Pit Stop Join the final F-Zero GX competition in its history

Status
Not open for further replies.

AKC12

Smash Journeyman
Hosted by me. If you want in, sign up in this topic. It's going to be a long competition, but I'll give pleanty of time. Here are the rules as of now.

If there are enough users, I'll consider it. Though, if you don't plan on devoting time to it, you'll fall off the rankings. But I'll give plenty of time. Here's my idea....

I'm not so sure of machine selection. But there are 2 or 3 parts to the challenge.
1. Individual best time on ALL the 26 tracks. You can update your times once you get a better one. This is a max speed competition, but I will allow lower % settings. No snaking, or flying allowed, or glitching. Shift boost, MTS, MTRS, side attacks, MT, quick turn, suicides, any max speed techs listed here: http://www.mrfixitonline.com/viewtopic.php?t=463
are allowed, since the best will also play. There'll be rankings for every track, so don't feel too bad if you sucked at a few tracks (Trident for me...)

2. This will be done in practice mode, recoveries on. You have to go through all 26 tracks on your first time through. No restarts allowed, and no updating times. This will be a true test of your F-Zero skills. If you fall, don't restart, that is what the recovery is for. It'll be 3 laps, don't boost on the first.

3. There'll be 5 voted tracks on each cup. You can choose any custom car of your choosing. Times can be updated. This time you'll go for your own PR, go as fast as you can.

Bonus: Maybe on fastest lap? I'll think about it. But most defineitly I'll need another person to help me run this competition.

I'm not sure how I'm gonna rank this. I might include small handicaps for those who cannot do certain techniques. Post if you are interested in this.

-Also, Japanese parts are banned. First part you get a custom and non custom car. Second part, one car the whole way. Third part, any car you like for any track. Top times will need pictoral or video proof. Please if you know any other people who plays this game, invite them to check this post out. :)

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
I didn't even know that there ever were GX tournaments.

I would join, but I would get last because I haven't played GX in a year (X and the original however, are a different story). If you have a tourney for those, I'll join.

AKC12

Smash Journeyman
There were a few from IGN, a local forum. They were fun, but this will be the most fun. Please join, doesn't matter if you are good or not, it's for the fun mostly, and it might just be the last one.

OK I made a ruleset. If there are any problems or you want something to be added, please tell me.

F-Zero GX competition ideas/rules

Car selection: have a number of preset custom/non custom in random order, numbered. Random select, allowed to trade or swap in for a new car.

Banned (MTS users): Black Bull, Fat Shark, Quick…, Gallant…, any E or A body part with B or A rank booster.

Shift boost users: Fat Shark, Gallant or any A rank parts.

All Japanese parts are banned.

Handicaps:
No quick turn: +50 points
No MTS/MTRS/suicide: +15 points
No SB:+30 points
No MT:+40 points

Settings: Any user cannot have settings go below 50%. Discovery will result in time deletion. Second time will result in a track ban. Third time will result in tourney kick.

No flying, snaking, glitching allowed. No use of AR allowed. Discovery will result in instant ban.

50hz users: Are allowed, but get a penalty of 25 points. Expert players will get a 50 point penalty.

Top 5 times will require a pic. Videos would be nice.

Part 1 rules: Once you have your selected machines, you ONLY may use those 2 machines. There will be only one time per track so choose wisely. All techs. are allowed. I will take the best time and best lap times and score them at the end. Must be done in time trial mode. Restarts and updates are allowed.

Part 2 rules: This must be done in practice mode, recovery on, and no CPUs. Competitors cannot boost in the first lap. There is NO restarting allowed. If you fall, you cannot restart. You have to go through all 26 tracks with a single machine of your choice. Once you have gone through and recorded all the tracks (don’t forget lap times), that is it. You cannot do it again. Please add up all the times for me and include it in your post.

Part 3 rules. Anybody who would like to vote will select their preferred track. Most votes on a single track means that track will be part of the competition. In case of a tie, those who have not voted on the 2 tracks will vote for either one. If there is still a tie, both tracks will be included. Please vote when you sign up.

You may use any car for any track. Restarts and updates are allowed. This part must be done in time trial mode. I will take the best times and lap times and score them in the end.

Submitting score rules
Only post in the designated board. When you list your times please also list your fast lap. It doesn’t have to be from the race you list, but it has to be only within the competition you have got it. If you have a top or fishy time I might ask for pictorial proof.

Discussion
I will set up a board to talk about the competition. You may say anything you like, including sharing strategy, asking for proof, anything. If I discover more than one person playing under the same name, that name will be kicked out.

Scoring
After everyone has submitted their times, the order will go by fastest to slowest. Here is the scoring system
And so on. Will be edited if there are additional racers.

Adding up scores
Scores without handicap will be added first. To add up, add all 26 individual tracks from part one. To add up second part, take the points earned, and multiply by 13. To add up the third part, take the points scored and multiply by 2.6 for 5 tracks. This means part one will be 50%, and the other two are worth 25%.

Bonus points:
There might be bonus points for fast lap. Bonus points will be given out to the top 3 lap times for every single race in all 3 parts. Bonus points scoring listed

1: 3 points
2: 2 points
3: 1 point

Suspicion
If anyone gets a fishy score, proof will be required. No proof means time gets erased and racer earns no points. Failure to comply several times will result in a ban.

Determining rank
After points from the first 3 parts, handicap, and bonus points are all added up, the player in first place will be the winner. If anyone has reason anyone should be disqualified, tell me and I’ll determine the outcome. If you believe there is a mistake to anyone’s final score please tell me. I will double check.

And lastly, have fun!

If there are any qualms about the rules, or you want something to be added, please tell me.

*Also when you sign up, ask if you are interested in snaking this tournament. Enough support means it'll be included and I'll need 2 more snaking tournament directors (keep times, scoring, banning, etc.).

Lazlo Falconi

Smash Cadet
I'm still debating joining. I mean I love F-Zero GX, but I'm terrible at it, so I'll keep a few spots open for the real players. If not, you've got Super Arrow in there (Now taking bets on last place!)

Vampirekain

Smash Journeyman
Oh I was never the F-Zero fan. I dont even own the game :p
Lazlo you should definitelly join in! Just to have some laughs!

AKC12

Smash Journeyman
official sign ups are up at the fzero gx boards at gamefaqs.com or at mrfixitonline.com! join b4 its too late! one week left!

if you can't sign up here, please email times to me I dont want to check too many forums while running this.

email: gcubemaster12@gmail.com

Details for signing up
Post lol
Choose your 5 fav tracks from each cup.
Your machines don't worry, it'll be random once u sign up

if you also have friends who want to join, sign up for them! just tell me the name and theyll be added as well

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom