• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Jin Kazama Echofighter Theory and facts.

Star Zen

Smash Rookie
First post here so Hi, if I break any rules I apologize, just let me know if I do!
I really think that we might be getting a surprise bonus fighter this pack. I was tired and made this video so it's sloppy and probably has plenty of inaccuracies so watch it if you are bored or excited like I am and don't know what to do with yourself LMFAO. The video will be below.

If you don't want to watch that I don't blame you so here is the TDLR;
Call me crazy but here we go :

1. The presentation is worded differently for the first time that I can recall, Nintendo of America said: " will be roughly 40 minutes long and will not include any reveals for CHALLENGER PACK 11. Vs the usual: " There will be no further NEW fighter announcements."

2. If there was any DLC character to do an Echo Fighter on, it would be for Kazuya. Jin and Kazuya both know the Mishima Fighting style, even though Jin CHOOSES not to use it mainly anymore he heavily used it in his first appearance in Tekken 3. The only mainline Tekken game that Kazuya was not included in as a playable character. Also, note that Sakurai used the Tekken 3 soundtrack while showcasing Kazuya's moveset after the trailer. Does it go hard? Yes, but this might have been a slight hint as to what is to come.

Even now Jin still retains some of his moves in his Devil Jin transformation. They would probably need to change: Taunts, Victory Screen pose, Voice and the final smash ( They do not share the same Rage art in Tekken 7 ) Effects would be optional because Jin did use Blue lighting like Kazuya in Tekken 3.

3. Jin is JUST as popular as Kazuya, plenty of people even called Kazuya Jin, and I can't blame them, Tekken 3 was extremely popular, and Kazuya wasn't in that game, so people probably gravitated more towards Jin, he is also seen as the protagonist pretty often in the Tekken Series.

Jin is a very popular character, and people bounce back and forth between who they think is even the protagonist of Tekken these days anyway. But Kazuya was the first main character, so it makes sense to add him in over Jin, I also feel that his story of being a "Good guy" turned "Bad" just makes for a more compelling trailer than what they could have done with Jin. Now, do I think it's weird that they wouldn't show Jin in the Reveal if he was in the game? Yes. BUT Piranha Plant made an exclusively In-Game announcement being a bonus character. so who knows... it was also only 1:11 Minutes long. so keep that in mind too.

4. The presentation tomorrow is around 40 minutes long... That is longer than any other Smash DLC presentations I believe. It might just be because Kazuya has a ton of moves, sure. But seeing as they kind of already showed Kazuya's moveset more than any other fighter prior to them being revealed, it might free up some time for something else to be shown. Even if it is just a 1-2 minute trailer for Jin.

The rest is pure tinfoil hat stuff lol. :
Third-Party playable Fighter Count :

Capcom: 3 Megaman, Ryu, Ken
Square Enix: 3 Cloud, Sephiroth, Hero
Konami: 3 Snake, Richter, Simon
Microsoft: 2 Banjo & Kazooie, Steve
Sega: 1 Sonic
SNK: 1 Terry
Namco: 2... Kazuya, Pacman
... I mean come on they help make the damn game. Them getting a rep was inevitable in my mind, add in an echo that makes 3, a perfect parallel to Capcom having two FGCs with one being an echo and one being a mascot.

5. The Figure Theory - Sakurai said he had to "Hide" the figures of upcoming fighters when he was talking about Pyra and Mythra. Jin Kazama and Kazuya have action figures, they are pretty nice too. But then again of course they would after 27years lol. But the Jin figure from storm collectibles was released earlier this year so hey, why not throw that in there too.

6. The roster slots -
If you look at the list with all the Mii fighters unlocked and all the echo fighters separated, there would be 3 slots to make the character select screen symmetrical vs the two Remaining characters that were shown for this pass.

7. Sakurai said that there would be no Echofighter character DLCs... for fighter pass 1. He never said anything about fighter pass 2 exactly, and who would be opposed to getting an extra bonus character anyway.

8. The father and son / Fathers Day event that recently passed.

9. Sakurai is a big fighting game fan, as he is many other things of course. But his public friendship with Harada might prove beneficial to this as Harada is a man of surprises, dude put Negan from the walking dead into Tekken 7.

10. I want more people to be upset that more FGC characters are in lol. jk. Whatever happens, I am happy. I always wanted a Tekken rep in the game, and even above that, Kazuya has always been my favorite character in the series, so seeing him added to that slot just further satisfies me whether it be Mii costume, background character, or spirit.

Shroob

Sup?
It's actually not the longest, like, at all.

Terry's was 48 minutes, and a lot of that was just covering his moveset.

Steve's was 45 minutes.

Characters with more complex than average movesets get a longer presentation to explain everything, and considering Kazuya seems to be importing a lot of Tekken gameplay mechanics with his, that seems likely.

As for the "No info on CP11" thing, that's because CP11 is it. There's no more DLC after CP11 after what Sakurai's been telling us these last few months. Nintendo saying "Future Fighters" now would just cause people to go into a frenzy of "BUT WHAT IF THERE IS MORE?!" Saying "CP11" as a singular entity shoots that in the foot.

I also just feel like, personally speaking, if Jin was to be shown off, they'd have done it at E3. Both Richter and Ken, both 3rd party echo fighters, got included in big, CG trailers, I severely doubt they wouldn't do the same for Jin.

Star Zen

Smash Rookie
It's actually not the longest, like, at all.

Terry's was 48 minutes, and a lot of that was just covering his moveset.

Steve's was 45 minutes.

Characters with more complex than average movesets get a longer presentation to explain everything, and considering Kazuya seems to be importing a lot of Tekken gameplay mechanics with his, that seems likely.

As for the "No info on CP11" thing, that's because CP11 is it. There's no more DLC after CP11 after what Sakurai's been telling us these last few months. Nintendo saying "Future Fighters" now would just cause people to go into a frenzy of "BUT WHAT IF THERE IS MORE?!" Saying "CP11" as a singular entity shoots that in the foot.

I also just feel like, personally speaking, if Jin was to be shown off, they'd have done it at E3. Both Richter and Ken, both 3rd party echo fighters, got included in big, CG trailers, I severely doubt they wouldn't do the same for Jin.
You make a good point, I forgot how long Terry's was, true. I myself wouldn't bank on them changing the CP11 tag on just that, but I guess I could see why they would also want to make it known that that will be the final character and not to cause some sort of outrage lol. But why not just keep the " no new fighter reveals" tagline too? Just feels off to me, but I'm excited nonetheless!

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
wrt Sega, they actually have 3. Bayonetta and Joker count, since also Sega owns Atlus

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
It's kinda too late in the game for there to be any echoes. Would have gotten ones earlier if Jin would be one revealed tomorrow.

Top Bottom