• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Jiggs vs. Pikachu Matchup Help

Squelchyman

Smash Cadet
My main practice partner, my twin brother, mains pikachu and doc/mario. No matter how many times I beat his doc/mario (12 2-stock matches in a row tonight) when he switches to his pikachu, I can't seem to win at all. If I do manage to kill him first (we play 2-stock matches), he just repeatedly up smashes until it hits me (crouch cancelling any of my moves). First of all, do you guys have any edgeguarding or other tips that you could give me about this matchup and also, could someone please inform me about how I could beat his crouch cancelled up smashes at low percents.

rolltorest

Smash Rookie
Based on my experience in this matchup ( I have a neighbor with a solid pikachu) you can outspace crouch cancel upsmash with fade away bair. Other option is to cross up and then you can punish the weak reverse upsmash with your own punish. Edgeguarding is difficult but generally if he's far enough away grab the ledge and try to punish his on stage recovery. If he's pretty close to the ledge just try to snipe the 2nd part of his up b with a bair and leave it at that. If he does anything unsafe like whiffing a dsmash or thunder you can punish with rest (though obv this often will lead to stock trades). Also in general you should respect pikachu up air and nair. Jiggs wins pretty hard by abusing fade away aerials though.

BairSSBM

Smash Rookie
Here is the Axe vs Hungrybox video from Genesis 3:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TtBjU7aT1-4 (From showdowngg, shoutouts to Spenser)

It is a long set, but you can see how Hbox handled the MU. The unfortunate part is that you kind of have to play pretty lame as puff, throwing out crazy aerials and waiting for pika to approach. It is a very difficult MU for pika in my opinion, but basically all you need is bair, and dair actually comes in handy a lot in the MU. The timing for l-canceling the dair is pretty tough, but it is one of the reasons Hbox and Prince Abu do so well.

Pip_Puff

Smash Rookie
In my experience, not too many rest setups or ledge guards, but it's not too bad. Classic keep him away from you and stay in the air,

if he tries to approach, bair him, watch out for his upsmash, it'll kill only a little after fox.

When you're in the air, watch out for thunder, it can kill.

Stay in the air to avoid his electricity.

Top Bottom