• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Jiggs vs. Doc/Samus?

Squelchyman

Smash Cadet
As you may know, I'm a Jigglypuff main, but my twin brother, and main smash partner is a Doc main, Samus secondary. I would like to know if any of you know how, firstly I could beat his FB/Cape, as, when edge guarding, he always seems to use this and it means that I can't use my bair/fair properly and secondly, how to beat his UB. His UB has really been bugging me, whenever I attempt to edge guard, he can just launch me in the air when he's near the edge and I can't do anything about it. Finally, does anyone know how to beat the pills, sometimes, he manages to rack up my damage really quick by hitting a few cheeky pills, which I find hard to dodge. With Samus, whenever I get back onto the edge, he will shoot his charge beam just as I'm getting up, does anyone know how to stop this?

Also, if you have any tips, mainly against Doc, could you post them here.

Last edited:

aDavid4

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
4356-1358-2819
I don't know much about Doc, but I can help you with Samus. It's an interesting match-up that I personally like.

Dealing with her projectiles can be tough. You can duck under the strong missiles, and any charge shot under ~50% of it's charge. As far as getting up from the ledge, it depends on how far she stands from the ledge. If she's real close, you can do a ledge hop into a quick fair. If she's real far, wave land on the stage and get that shield up. You can also ledge stall by making it look like your gonna get back on, then just grab ledge again. You can bait out the charge shot this way.

Squelchyman

Smash Cadet
Thanks a lot for the tips, does anyone else have any help for me with doc? I can't seem to find much anywhere.

Massive

Smash Champion
I'll give you some advice can use right away. Stop recovering below the stage vs doc and use pound for horizontal distance instead your jumps. This will give you more jumps to work with when you get close the stage.

You can also jump and use your neutral aerial to cancel pills midair and keep approaching him. Try doing a short hop and using your neutral aerial right away. By the time you land it will auto cancel and let you do a smash attack or grab as soon as you land.

Squelchyman

Smash Cadet
Thanks for the tips, I always use pound to cover the horizontal distance but I'm getting into a habit of jumping into him when recovering when I'm trying to recover. Also, I asked Hungrybox and he told me your pill advice but a bit simpler, thanks for the elaboration, I didn't fully understand his advice but hopefully with yours, I'll be able to use the nair against pills successfully.

Squelchyman

Smash Cadet
He has kind of given up on samus so does anyone know how to fight back against his f tilt as he always seems to be getting me with it. Also, how does a puff stop doc's cape when trying to edgeguard as some of my aerials are countered by this. Finally, I know that it's hard to do rest setups on doc and they're very risky due to his harsh punish, but does anyone have any particular rest setups that work well against doc.

Top Bottom