• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

jiggs shield break = suicide?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hilaxial

Smash Cadet
I was messing around with fox against a low lvl comp jigglypuff for kicks and kept blasting away with neutral b while the comp held down the shield. eventually the shield would break as i blasted at it, and the instant it broke, jigglypuff flew straight up off the screen and disappeared as a star. this happened 4 times consecutively w/ exact same result, and then i checked afterwards to find they were 4 SDs. what the heck happened? is it like the g&w-ness shield break of death glitch?

Metà

Smash Master
Yeah, this isn't a glitch. It's quite funny though. :laugh:
I've used this as a stalling mechanism on levels with ceilings, like Temple and Great Bay.

hilaxial

Smash Cadet
i wonder if you timed it so that you have another character jump over jiggs just as she flies up, will she ko him instantly like G&W? I dont have enough hands to pull that one off on my own

marthsword

Smash Ace
On hyrule temple, go down to the cave part with jiggz and break you shield. Then DI out of the cave, and you fly straight up and die. Tons of fun.

600 post. yay. That's 100 post in one day!

technomancer

Smash Champion
Hey, you're in Baltimore! You should come check out BowserTree's Fest!

But yeah, Jiggs has a beastin' shield, and when it breaks, Jiggs dies, and it registers as an SD.

AOB

Bad command or file name
BRoomer
I lost my first tourney this way. Joshu broke my shield.

--with a fan. It was March 2003.

AS Money

Smash Lord
i love charging marth's sheild breaker on a sleeping jiggly cuz even if they wake up and sheild they die its a win-win-win-lose situation

the lose is if they side step and rest like the *****es they are

Terrorking91

Smash Cadet
This is NOT a glitch. I have been playing jiggy since the 64 version and it did it in that one as well. Because jiggy is a balloon poke'mon it's suppose to represent it weighs near nothing. Even though pichu weighs less, jiggy gets sent back farther. Then the shield breaks it kills jiggy. NOT A GLITCH AHHHH I CAN'T BELEAVE SOMEONE ACTED LIKE THEY KNEW WHAT THEY WERE SAYING AND SAID "Ya it's a glitch in the game"!!!! MORON!!! HHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!

PrinceZane

INNsomniac
BRoomer
Thanks to Terrorking's englightenment, we all now know that this is indeed NOT a glitch, and therefore making this thread completely resolved.

Thanks for the help. I couldn't have closed this without you :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom