• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Jiggs MU question

NoLife

Smash Apprentice
Who is easier to deal with and just overall a better MU for Jiggs

Jiggs vs Marth

or

Jiggs vs Sheik

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
Can someone show me a video or give me an explanation on how to fight :fox: as :jigglypuff:? This is by far the scariest matchup for me. Help with :zelda: would also be nice lol.

:018:

Ultimate Sneeze

Smash Apprentice
I can't really speak for the Jiggs vs. Marth or Sheik thing, but you could probably use Melee match ups for those, considering the characters are very similar, if not identical.

Here's a melee set from Evo 2013: Hbox vs. Mew2King, Jiggs vs. Fox - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IXhNLSjsk98 - Again, since its a pretty much identical match-up from melee, you should be able to take advantage of Fox's fast fall to get some nice rest set ups.

As for Jiggs vs. Zelda, that is hard to speak for. In practice, both characters are defensively oriented, neither of them having really good approaching options. However, with Din's Fire, Zelda can probably force you to approach pretty easily. I'm not 100% sure, but I'm pretty sure some of Jiggs' aerials will clink with Din's Fire, so if you figure out that you can nullify them.

Honestly, the best way to deal with that match-up is probably staying mid range so she can't harass you for free, and punish everything she does that has lag -- Keeping in mind that if you get hit, you're in for a world of hurt, Zelda has some really strong moves.

If someone else could weigh in, that'd be super.

Lukingordex

No Custom Titles Allowed
Switch FC
SW-6444-7862-9014
you can easily cancel zelda's din fire with aerials (nair is the most recommended one). The main problem with this MU is zelda's bull**** things that can kill you at dumb moments (like zelda's fair or bair)

Nemiak temp

Smash Apprentice
Who is easier to deal with and just overall a better MU for Jiggs

Jiggs vs Marth

or

Jiggs vs Sheik
Sheik is much easier for Puff. Bair all day. Sheik has no real punish for wiffed rest attempts. Edge guarding is free as hell. Almost all Sheik mains have a secondary specifically for Puff. If Marth spaces and reads well he can beat Puff. He just has no true kill setups because of her floatiness therefore often times this matchup will take a LONG time to complete because to get a kill Marth pretty much has to fish for stray hits with F-smash because his best quality (combos/edgeguarding) is more or less nullified by her floatiness and 69675976 jumps

NoLife

Smash Apprentice
Sheik is much easier for Puff. Bair all day. Sheik has no real punish for wiffed rest attempts. Edge guarding is free as hell. Almost all Sheik mains have a secondary specifically for Puff. If Marth spaces and reads well he can beat Puff. He just has no true kill setups because of her floatiness therefore often times this matchup will take a LONG time to complete because to get a kill Marth pretty much has to fish for stray hits with F-smash because his best quality (combos/edgeguarding) is more or less nullified by her floatiness and 69675976 jumps
Thanks man really helped a lot

foxygrandpa

Smash Journeyman
This is true for sheik but you left out how hard sheik can be dcanceled by jiggs. Since all of sheik's attacks are dcancelable, jiggs can literally duck at low percents, if sheik attempts an attack, it gets d canceled, she gets rested, and if for some reason this whiffs, sheik cant punish. There are no ways past this other than trying to distance with sheik's long ranged bair, and to just throw needles until she can't dcancel anymore. Jiggs can duck sheik's grabs on top of that, making jiggs at low percents nearly impossible to deal with.

Nemiak temp

Smash Apprentice
This is true for sheik but you left out how hard sheik can be dcanceled by jiggs. Since all of sheik's attacks are dcancelable, jiggs can literally duck at low percents, if sheik attempts an attack, it gets d canceled, she gets rested, and if for some reason this whiffs, sheik cant punish. There are no ways past this other than trying to distance with sheik's long ranged bair, and to just throw needles until she can't dcancel anymore. Jiggs can duck sheik's grabs on top of that, making jiggs at low percents nearly impossible to deal with.
What the **** is a dcancel? I've never heard that term in my life. And I didn't feel the need to go too much in detail about everything because it didn't seem necessary. Sheik - Puff is bad for Sheik end of story.

foxygrandpa

Smash Journeyman
What the **** is a dcancel? I've never heard that term in my life. And I didn't feel the need to go too much in detail about everything because it didn't seem necessary. Sheik - Puff is bad for Sheik end of story.
Its when you crouch, to mitigate hitstun. I've heard people refer to it as crouch cancel and down cancels. Essentially, you can punish the other player for actually hitting you. Some attacks are more d cancelable than others, and literally all of sheiks attacks happen to be easy to dcancel, which is the justification for her dominating grab game. It is weight and percent based, so that heavier characters (ganon snake) can do it until higher percents than a lightweight (fox kirby jiggs). It works best at low percentages.

NoLife

Smash Apprentice
another way of saying crouch cancel

Nemiak temp

Smash Apprentice
Its when you crouch, to mitigate hitstun. I've heard people refer to it as crouch cancel and down cancels. Essentially, you can punish the other player for actually hitting you. Some attacks are more d cancelable than others, and literally all of sheiks attacks happen to be easy to dcancel, which is the justification for her dominating grab game. It is weight and percent based, so that heavier characters (ganon snake) can do it until higher percents than a lightweight (fox kirby jiggs). It works best at low percentages.
OH. Lmao Only ever heard it as crouch cancel haha. It's also traction dependent. (Example: Luigi. Above average weight yet has trouble crouch (or d cancelling if you want to call it that) because of his low traction. GnW (used to be) as light as Puff yet could crouch cancel better than some characters because of his high traction).

another question i could get out there is what are puffs best/worst stages
UM. Not sure about all of the new PM stages but in melee Puff is okay on just about all of them. Puff dies significantly earlier on PS and Yoshi's Story because of her low weight so those two might be her worst stages. Lives forever on Dreamland for obvious reasons so DL is arguably her best stage just because of that. FoD has a high ceiling so she lives pretty long on there too. Battlefield and FD are probably pretty average for her. On Battlefield the platforms give characters a place to run away from her however it also offers puff the option to tech-chase people on the platforms with u-airs etc etc. People can't platform camp you on FD but you have less options for tech chasing. Hope that helps. This is all more or less speculation though so take it with a grain of salt. I play Fox and only fool around with Puff outside of tournament so I don't know all of her intricacies or whatever on each stage.

NoLife

Smash Apprentice
[UM. Not sure about all of the new PM stages but in melee Puff is okay on just about all of them. Puff dies significantly earlier on PS and Yoshi's Story because of her low weight so those two might be her worst stages. Lives forever on Dreamland for obvious reasons so DL is arguably her best stage just because of that. FoD has a high ceiling so she lives pretty long on there too. Battlefield and FD are probably pretty average for her. On Battlefield the platforms give characters a place to run away from her however it also offers puff the option to tech-chase people on the platforms with u-airs etc etc. People can't platform camp you on FD but you have less options for tech chasing. Hope that helps. This is all more or less speculation though so take it with a grain of salt. I play Fox and only fool around with Puff outside of tournament so I don't know all of her intricacies or whatever on each stage.[/quote]
well see im gonna b fighting a puff in tournament and hes a good puff so i want to no if like the platforms on bf help her more or less than on yoshis or how her tech chase ability is on PS2 or FD so thanks for the help i will definatly put this into consideration

BertEast

Smash Apprentice
Can someone show me a video or give me an explanation on how to fight :fox: as :jigglypuff:? This is by far the scariest matchup for me. Help with :zelda: would also be nice lol.

Good god. The advice you guys give is awful.

My friend plays a pretty good fox so maybe I can help. With fox, you have two or three big things to worry about. His upsmash, his uair, and his grabs. At low percents don't need to worry about much except for grabs, which can start combos, and lasers for obvious reasons. This is when you need to play both smart and a little more aggressive. Stack some damage or go for that upthrow rest, which won't work after fox is around 70. Always remember to check your stock and percentage before attempting to nap. I find that fox gets easier when I'm at a higher percents, because it is easy to predict his main kill moves, being upsmash and uthow uair. The higher your percent is, even at 50, it is time to play more defensively. keep being wary of potential killmoves, focus on getting some bairs in and getting him off the stage. Remember, off stage is one of your greater strengths.

For fox, ban pkmn stadiums and CP dreamland, FoD, skyworld or wherever you are most comfortable.

I'm new to this, so if it didn't help much I'm sorry. Also sorry for errors, on my phone.

Last edited:

Darkshooter

Smash Ace
Any word on the Falcon matchup? I do believe the guys a bit of a bugger. Plus, I'm trying to learn the Puff, so any advice on that match will be welcomed.

BertEast

Smash Apprentice
Any word on the Falcon matchup? I do believe the guys a bit of a bugger. Plus, I'm trying to learn the Puff, so any advice on that match will be welcomed.
If you're on the ground, crouch. Any Falcon who relies on grabs will have to figure something else out.

Top Bottom