• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Jigglypuff's bad MU's

Dee-SmashinBoss

Smash Ace
Ok so i find some camper matchups that haven't been mentioned a lot harder and i have some opinions in other ones...

first what i find really hard and why / my thoughts on how to counter

Campy Greninja > Basically all he does is shuriken spam from as far as he can, once you get close he'll just teleport behind you (maybe hit you with the kick maybe not) go to the other side of the stage rinse and repeat. Once you get to kill % he just has to space a teleport on your back and kill you. It's that easy for him.
How to counter : First off platforms, this is the fastest and easiest way to go. Battlefield / mii verse are great calls but be aware for the up b / up air follow up if you ever going to the top plaftorm. It's not hard to dodge the shurikens but watch your spacing so you're not putting yourself into the teleport kick range. The best thing to be done in this matchup is bait the telekick on a shield and rest / dair > dair > rest / dair > dair > fair > rest punishes based on his percent. You can also duck the shurikens (not the charged one though). If he changes his playstyle to offensive just act accordingly. Every shield can be a free retreating nair for free.

Sonic > You all know what he does ... Spin attack + homing attack are the biggest threats.
How to counter: i've been studying this matchup a lot, but asking @Serynder since he has more experience on it as i do (i was never able to fight a good sonic yet) i'll copy paste his words :
"learn to jab 1 reset versus Sonic, into grabs. Or practice the distance necessary to n-air falling into Sonic, to interrupt him
Learn the timing for crouch > Rest against homing attack, because that's the most common thing Sonics will do, when you stop their spin dash. When you rest out of a crouch, your hurt box is like 1/3-1/4 of its original size, and you return to a full body-sized hitbox for Rest making it a lot easier to rest versus non-disjointed attacks that would have otherwise hit you.
You can also learn the rest timing for spin dash.You always want to get the spin dash factor out of the way first, in the Sonic match-up, that way you can start playing against the player and not have to worry about the person getting free damage off of you, due to static character-based factor"

Mario is complicated because there's so much different stuff he can go for it's just hard to have a "what to do"...
I think his projectile game got a lot stronger in this game and it's hard not to get punished for shielding or even ducking it sometimes... This matchup requires patience, a lot of patience. Make the best of every oportunity you got to hit and run or combo if you got the oportunity... One thing i found really useful is bait dash attacks into a sing, it's free kill / combo. I need to work better on my game against Mario projectiles..

Yoshi is really hard because we can't trade with the eggs anymore, which sucks and gimping him is really hard so we have to work on combos and setups for Yoshi. Honestly i have nothing yet but the basic stuff. I realized tho that we can edge guard him by stalling with ledge sing. Put him off stage, grab the ledge, when he's getting close to steal it from you jump and sing, he'll grab it, if he fast get up he'll be asleep (or he'll be too far to punish) if he stays on the ledge you took him off and can now bair to death/ back to the stage rinse and repeat if not dead... I find this to be a good mixup on the ledge game and has guaranteed me some easy edge guards every once in a while. Just can't abuse it. If we go pass the egg throwing and don't get too obvious isn't that hard of a matchup. Not that hard to kill with rest (between 59 and 65% are guaranteed kills) based on rage (actually bad DI and jiggs on over 100% you can kill yoshi with 45~50% )

Bowser Jr is really easy to gimp (even if it has to be done several times). Side B can be shield grabbed if you face the opposite direction he'll hit on the shield (same thing for wario's motorcycle). if he makes bad usage of down-b you can camp him with it. Jiggs can duck fsmash. Usmash is a problem but can be bait / punished by a well placed fair on shield. He also can't combo jiggs as good as he wanted to and we can pretty easily combo him / rest setup.

Mega Man is all about learning how to deal with his projectiles without getting to obvious. I have really close games against mega man, would say 50 ~ 50 depending on who gets the hits on the approaches. Not hard to kill offstage so yeah...

Zelda is ok just boring nayru's spam to kill every combo she gets into.

G&W is a pain. I still can't figure how to consistently win this MU. At least he dies at 50% to rest and isn't that hard to combo (if you can land a hit on him and react to it )

ROB is combo meat if he opens his guard and isn't that hard to avoid his projectiles, not a easy matchup though, only good when you're in.

I really need help on wii fit trainer matchup and Olimar... I have zero information on Olimar in this game so far.
Hey....she doesn't need to NL spam...she has other great tools to deal with puff ;)
But if it works why not use it xD

Flamjam

Smash Cadet
NNID
Flamjam
Didn't realise how bad the robin matchup was until I played one today. Her aerials are SO powerful, killing at near 70%, approaching is terrible, and somehow I got hit by Thoron whilst crouching, which I didn't know could happen.

Honestly I think that pretty much every matchup presents some sort of disadvantage for puff. However, some people say projectile heavy characters (link, TL, duck hunt, ROB, megaman...) are bad for puff, and they are, but I don't think enough to be considered her worst. Jigglypuff is excellent at weaving/ducking through obstacles in her path. Lots of these characters struggle up close, so having a Jiggly up in their face can present a problem for them. Tether grabs do make this trickier, though.

I used to find Ryu to be her most terrifyingly bad matchup, thanks to shoryuken and a swift shield breaker, but I've learned that puff can duck under the vast majority of his moves so I'm going to withhold my opinion. But I imagine it'll be like the ZSS matchup - we can duck under her moves, but any clever ZSS will figure out how to deal with it.

Ness, I think, is also completely horrible due to his powerful backthrow that can KO so early, and getting a grab on jigglypuff is notoriously easy. His PK fire threatens us for a grab, and if we try to jump over, he can get us with his disjointed fair. We get juggled too easy by PK Thunder. We're good at gimping, but with the sheer strength of PKT2.... is it really worth jumping in the way?

And also, Little Mac, I do not like. People think Jigglypuff is the best against him due to her superior aerial game, but I'd rather draw attention to his superior ground game, which is the majority of this particular neutral game. Little Mac can give her a really tough time getting back onstage, and getting in any attacks. Not every Little Mac is going to dash attack into a shield.

Underhill

Smash Ace
NNID
Chase47
Since Bowser isn't mentioned, then he's a bad match up for Jigglypuff.

Good news, Jigglypuff got the advantage when it comes to comboing him due to his large size and weight, rest on him easily(because of size) if he puts a lag move or makes a error for her to punish with or Oos, has better air mobility, gimping him because of his predictable recovery, and being small which can help to duck some of his attacks and land a rest on him that way. Also, I think Jigglypuff wins in the air little because of her air speed to combo him despite his range and stronger trade working against her.

Bad news, Bowser got the tools to break Jigglypuff. First, he got the range to keep her out of his face which is something for a Jigglypuff player to watch out for. Second, she has to avoid shielding his bowser bomb at all cost or else, its death with a one-hit ko. Since hes quick on foot, Bowser can juggle the h*** out of her with up smash and none of her air attacks can challenge its invincibly frames. Bowser has better damage output than Jigglypuff so he doesn't need to combo her much. Because of her floatiness and being the lighting character, Bowser has better ko potential and oos options to take out Jigglypuff early. Also, while she can rest on him easily because of his size; However if she misses and at 40% or higher, its a free full charge forward smash for him and di won't save her. Killing Bowser won't be easy for Jigglypuff because her ko options are not safe against him due to his weight, rage, and stronger kill options.

I don't think this MU is her worst, but its not very good either. I would have :4luigi:, :4sonic:, :rosalina:, :4falcon:, :4zss:, :4fox:,:4sheik:, :4pikachu:, and :4mario: to fill in for her if you're having trouble with MU as Jigglypuff.

Psymon

Smash Sweetheart
Rosalina & Luma, Sonic, Greninja, Roy, and Palutena (most of which my friends main)

Dee-SmashinBoss

Smash Ace
If Ness is pretty bad, how would she do against Lucas? I also think Peach could pose a notable threat, but idk considering her rediculously underrated status....I can't really be for sure.

Psymon

Smash Sweetheart
I still think that we have the advantage Vs Roy. You just have to play really smart
Its just the invincibility on the startup of up-B and his kill potential a SUCH low percents. Makes it so hard to compete. A Roy who's good at spacing is brutal for Jiggs :/

Last edited:

Jiggly

Drop the mic, cause these fools sleeping on me
The FBI Surveillance Van outside your house.
NNID
Jiggly101
Its just the invincibility on the startup of up-B and his kill potential a SUCH low percents. Makes it so hard to compete. A Roy who's good at spacing is brutal for Jiggs :/
A spaced Roy is a Roy with 1 good option, which is up b. Up B is still unsafe though, because a whiff can give us a rest.

TOGOpuff

Jigglyfy the world !
NNID
TOGOpuff
I've been finding Sonic / Yoshi the worst matchups for me so far

Yoshi because it's really hard to hit a kill move because he can't get gimped. This leaves us to two killing options : Fsmash and bair. Fsmash is really hard to hit on yoshi because of his fast mobility and long startup on Fsmash, bair is hard to hit because it isn't easy to chase Yoshi on air and trade with him is too risky.

Sonic is bad if you (it's my case) don't know how to deal with his spin spam. I've posted about what to do on this one before but i still find really hard to react to sonic and still didn't get the timing to punish his spins.

Other than that Ness is doable, just boring/struggling and requires mad tons of patience and knowing how to react to every single move he has.

Lucas is really different. It's really easy to punish him if he makes some mistakes and his PKT isn't as bad as Ness'es . His grab is really hard to deal with if you're not used/ can't read it but if you can it's easily punishable. He can dthrow to double nair us and that is mad tons of damage. If we get too obvious and he hard read us he can upair us on our way down (specially if we don't have jumps or committed to an attack) and this is a mad early kill (around 60%).

Against TL our best option is to grab every single bomb we can. That turns the projectile game a bit in our favor because either we'll trade projectiles or he'll stop throwing bombs. Both are in our favor. I find Lylat a good counter pick for TL.

Zelda is ridiculously hard.

Wii Fit trainer became a higher threat now that she can grab us on crouch and is hard to gimp but it's still doable.

Jiggly

NNID
Jiggly101
I've been finding Sonic / Yoshi the worst matchups for me so far

Yoshi because it's really hard to hit a kill move because he can't get gimped. This leaves us to two killing options : Fsmash and bair. Fsmash is really hard to hit on yoshi because of his fast mobility and long startup on Fsmash, bair is hard to hit because it isn't easy to chase Yoshi on air and trade with him is too risky.

Sonic is bad if you (it's my case) don't know how to deal with his spin spam. I've posted about what to do on this one before but i still find really hard to react to sonic and still didn't get the timing to punish his spins.

Other than that Ness is doable, just boring/struggling and requires mad tons of patience and knowing how to react to every single move he has.

Lucas is really different. It's really easy to punish him if he makes some mistakes and his PKT isn't as bad as Ness'es . His grab is really hard to deal with if you're not used/ can't read it but if you can it's easily punishable. He can dthrow to double nair us and that is mad tons of damage. If we get too obvious and he hard read us he can upair us on our way down (specially if we don't have jumps or committed to an attack) and this is a mad early kill (around 60%).

Against TL our best option is to grab every single bomb we can. That turns the projectile game a bit in our favor because either we'll trade projectiles or he'll stop throwing bombs. Both are in our favor. I find Lylat a good counter pick for TL.

Zelda is ridiculously hard.

Wii Fit trainer became a higher threat now that she can grab us on crouch and is hard to gimp but it's still doable.
So with sonic, we can beat him out with nair and jab. Lucas is easier to gimp with his slow PKT, but the jump in front of PK2 > stage tech isn't an option, which can be lame. I still dont understand why some people say Zelda is ridiculously hard for us :/

TOGOpuff

Jigglyfy the world !
NNID
TOGOpuff
So with sonic, we can beat him out with nair and jab. Lucas is easier to gimp with his slow PKT, but the jump in front of PK2 > stage tech isn't an option, which can be lame. I still dont understand why some people say Zelda is ridiculously hard for us :/
i fought some zeldas i couldn't approach.

> great long range camp with fiar
> nayru's love beat every aerial
> teleport away
> strong uptilt /upsmash
... it can be just a problem with my knowledge on how to deal with this things but i find some defensive Zelda's really hard to fight against. Specially if they are really extremely patient and knows how to punish

Dee-SmashinBoss

Smash Ace
i fought some zeldas i couldn't approach.

> great long range camp with fiar
> nayru's love beat every aerial
> teleport away
> strong uptilt /upsmash
... it can be just a problem with my knowledge on how to deal with this things but i find some defensive Zelda's really hard to fight against. Specially if they are really extremely patient and knows how to punish
Not to mention jiggles can't edge guard her

Wintermelon43

Smash Champion
I was gonna suggest possible counter picks but if there's no agreement on a worst character than.....

For some of the names flying around though....

Yoshi doesn't have any disadvantage matchups.

Sonic is hard countered by Zero Suit Samus

Mario...... I have no idea.

Robin.... Edited in in a few minutes

Dee-SmashinBoss

Smash Ace
Are we even mentioning customs which a lot of other characters have better than Jiggs, even if its only a couple.
They just make the MU even harder for her for those that benefit even slightly
Like Kirby or pika or.....shulk?
It's quite unfortunate.

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
I don't know about worst, but Marth sucks something horrible. Jigglypuff has poor range and all of Marth's sweet spots are from afar, so unless you have spacing of the gods, a lot of your approaches will be shut down. That's not even mentioning Shield Breaker.

MisterDom

Smash Ace
NNID
MisterDom
3DS FC
1091-7673-8661
Has anyone mentioned Lucas yet?

He can outspace us, is small, has hard punishes that can kill earlier, and a pretty good recovery since all players use it too far away in which you could gimp. Did I mention most of his strings still work against Jigglypuff?

He is definately one of the worst match-ups in my opinion

Jiggly

NNID
Jiggly101
Has anyone mentioned Lucas yet?

He can outspace us, is small, has hard punishes that can kill earlier, and a pretty good recovery since all players use it too far away in which you could gimp. Did I mention most of his strings still work against Jigglypuff?

He is definately one of the worst match-ups in my opinion
His strings only work at low percents. Also, he's really easy to gimp since PK thunder takes so long, and if he doesnt go for pkt, stay by the ledge and either trump his snake getup for a free bair, or nair his rope pull up to ledge. Pk fire can be a bit of trouble, but not muc due to our many jumps and small hitbox, plus pkfire has terrible endlag and startup. His spacing moves arent good for continuous use as they leave him open as well. And killing earlier? Well, thats a common problem.

I still think its a bad MU, but not horrible.

SafCar

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0645-5834-8488
I don't know about worst, but Marth sucks something horrible. Jigglypuff has poor range and all of Marth's sweet spots are from afar, so unless you have spacing of the gods, a lot of your approaches will be shut down. That's not even mentioning Shield Breaker.
Learn to crouch his Shield Breaker. Rely more on Nair than Fair and beware the low startup of Dolphin Slash. Remember, Pound sometimes throws people off since it lingers and launches upwards, and Marth isn't necessarily good at horizontal recovery.

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
Learn to crouch his Shield Breaker. Rely more on Nair than Fair and beware the low startup of Dolphin Slash. Remember, Pound sometimes throws people off since it lingers and launches upwards, and Marth isn't necessarily good at horizontal recovery.
Not seeing your point. Crouching Shield Breaker is helpful, but I already use neutral air a lot (I borderline spam it, really) and I'm well aware of what Pound can do. None of the really matters when your outranged and trying your damnedest not to get killed at 40%.

Kodystri

the PK Spamming Lucas Main
NNID
Kodystri
His strings only work at low percents. Also, he's really easy to gimp since PK thunder takes so long, and if he doesnt go for pkt, stay by the ledge and either trump his snake getup for a free bair, or nair his rope pull up to ledge. Pk fire can be a bit of trouble, but not muc due to our many jumps and small hitbox, plus pkfire has terrible endlag and startup. His spacing moves arent good for continuous use as they leave him open as well. And killing earlier? Well, thats a common problem.

I still think its a bad MU, but not horrible.

1. You are really underestimating the endlag of PK Fire, If you do a Short Hop PK Fire at the lowest possible, Jigglypuff can't duck under it, and you can't punish it unless I do it right beside you(Which shouldn't be a thing).
2.If I delay my Rope Snake get up and you grab the edge and then I pull up, I can instantly trump you and Bair you immediately that is guaranteed. Just be wary of that.
3. His Down Throw Footstool combo works on Jigglypuff, Can do about 50% and that is huge. Otherwise, Down Throw to Nair to Uair does 27-28%.
4. You are sleeping on Lucas's ability to space. PK Fire and Zair are annoying to deal with against any character.
5. You are underestimating Lucas's recovery. He can instantly Rope Snake and Lucas can recover pretty low(Though you guys can nair the PKT2)

Biggest thing is you do beat Lucas hard in the air. Lucas does not have good aerials to combat this, so you can do whatever you want once he is in the air.

We have a hard time getting the grabs in this Match Up, which is important to Lucas.

And you do beat us Hard when we are trying to recover. I know I was explaing like Jigglypuff didn't, I was just telling you a few things that could go wrong mainly.

This Match Up is not bad at all. I think its even.

Jiggly

NNID
Jiggly101
A abadango-leveled pacman is also harsh for jigglypuff.
I dont know much about the pac man mu at all, I played one pac main and destroyed him with ffdair semi spike, and then taking his last trampo jump. We can beat all of his fruits with DA. We can also use nair to beat some of the slower ones, dont know much about key and nair, could use testing.

MisterDom

Smash Ace
NNID
MisterDom
3DS FC
1091-7673-8661
A abadango-leveled pacman is also harsh for jigglypuff.
Ive played a high level pac man at my tourneys before, and as long as you're in his face, you should be fine. Don't give him space to camp, becuase he won't have any time to set up traps if you're always making a smart and quick approach. Ledge guarding also isn't too hard, becuase we can bounce on his trampoline and he's wide open for a well timed fair, or bair. He's also round, making it a little easier to rest, and often times ATTACKS while using the water from the hydrant, Pac Man will be vurneable to rest. Combos are also easier to pull off on this character. Don't forget to catch his items by attacking in the air or air dodging. Air dodging being the preferred option.

Nair beats out any fruit Option (including bell with good spacing). Same goes for fair and bair I think, but don't quote me.

Last edited:

Splebel

Smash Journeyman
I find Jigglypuff hard to fight as Pacman because they like to float around in the air and airdodge every two seconds waiting for you to get up there and whiff so they punish. That Nair of hers is also too good. It does beat every fruit. I fought his one Jigglypuff who kept flying around offstage and ledge grabbing and I could never hit them. those matches would go to time and I would lose because of damage and whatnot. So I feel Jigglypuff could pull a Sonic and run away the whole match using chip damage to win.

Jigglypuff also beats Pac's Airgame. I'm not sure if we are faster but your attacks linger so we would run into it or avoid it and fuit won't stop it. Ground game we have the advantage but it's impossible to keep Jigglypuff on the ground. If the Pacman player uses fruit well they can get around Jigglypuff's Nair and hit her. So in summary here are my opinions:

From Jigglypuff's Point-of-view
Pros:
- Better Airgame
- Pacman has a hard time approaching (Especially if you have his fruit)
- Can win by playing keep away (Especially if you have his fruit)
- Can kill Pacman Early with rest
- Pound to pressure shields
- Can aggressively attack Pacman offstage

Cons:
- Worse Groundgame
- Have a hard time approaching (good) Pacman players
- Can be killed earlier than other characters
- Pacman can go aggressive offstage as well
- Whiffing a Rest or a Sing can mean a stock
- If Wall of Pain doesn't kill Pacman horizontally he will make it back

Those are my two cents. I would actually say this matchup is fairly even.

Desu~

Smash Ace
NNID
Mr. G-E
Switch FC
2211-2137-8924
We seem to miss how big of a role the hydrant can have.

Hydrant can be used to create a wall when knocked out with Pac's jab. Also Bell game with the hydrant on stage makes it become a great spacing/stalling tool on Pacman's arsenal.

Knocked hydrant's trajectory varies between attacks, so it's quite hard to bypass something like that.

SafCar

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0645-5834-8488
Personally I don't have much issue with the Pac MU, but maybe that's because I understand Pacman better.

Part of Pacman's strategy is to mixup everything to keep you guessing as to his next move. However, his weaknesses lie in the fact that his specials are double edged swords. Fruit can be grabbed after a Neutral B, but once thrown cannot be regrabbed. Side B loses its strength and Super Armor if Pac misses the Power Pellet (usually by hitting the pellet during the move). Down B can be used to buffer our smashes and possibly Rest as well. Fruit we need to be cautious of when thrown are Melon (upwards, is pretty much anti-air), Bell (Easy punish for Pac), and Apple (can kill us off the top of the stage if we recover too high, can hurt us if we recover too low). Orange is fast, but cannot kill early like Apple/Key. Galaxian can easily be grabbed mid-air (For both of us). Another thing to beware, Pac can alter his fruit's trajectory with Hydrant, making items like Bell, Galaxian, Key, and Melon much harder to predict and grab.

Pac's priority attacks from what I've seen are Nair and Trampoline. Each of them have almost no startup and have good priority. If we do end up losing a match, though, viable counterpicks would be RosaLuma, Villager, and Kirby due to how well each can shut him down (Rosa's Down B, Villager's Pocket, Kirby's Copy)

Splebel

Smash Journeyman
If we do end up losing a match, though, viable counterpicks would be RosaLuma, Villager, and Kirby due to how well each can shut him down (Rosa's Down B, Villager's Pocket, Kirby's Copy)
A good Pacman player wouldn't be shut down by any of those. In my opinion only Villager has a real advantage but even then it's doable. Abadango is a terrible example of how to fight Rosalina. Kirby is harder if they know how to use the fruit but still not that hard.

Nu~

Smash Dreamer
U.S., Maryland (Eastern Time, UTC - 5hrs)
NNID
EquinoXYZ
We seem to miss how big of a role the hydrant can have.

Hydrant can be used to create a wall when knocked out with Pac's jab. Also Bell game with the hydrant on stage makes it become a great spacing/stalling tool on Pacman's arsenal.

Knocked hydrant's trajectory varies between attacks, so it's quite hard to bypass something like that.
This. Jiggly may beat us in the air, but that isn't really an issue as long as we space well. Bair can be used to trade with your fair since ours does more damage, and our Bair has a better hotbox than yours.

Fruit lose to nair, but that's only a problem if the pacman player gets predictable with his fruit tosses. Pacman shouldn't be sitting back throwing fruit, he should use it as an extension of his fist. It's a lot harder to stop fruit with nair if pacman mixes the projectile assault with his hydrant and follows up on his fruit.

Our spacing tools are stronger than jigglypuff's in general.

Edit: and this is unrelated, but pocket doesn't matter since we can still charge fruit when it's in villager's pocket, Rosa's down B gets beat by pellet healing, and kirby's copy is hard to land + fruit lose to power pellet shielding if he tries to camp.

Last edited:
T

Trick or Treat

Just going by my experiences alone...I seem to consistently have trouble against Zelda, Meta Knight, and Toon Link.

This is likely just me as a player. I am a pretty decent Jigglypuff player, myself, but I still have flaws as a Smash Bros player in general, which is the main reason I struggle against Toon Link so much. Meta Knighy isn't really that much of a struggle, but still tricky.

Zelda, though, I just can't seem to do much against her as Jigglypuff. But I have hardly faced any Zelda players to really learn and practice against.

me quazzy

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
3797-9401-0113
Maybe I passed it up by accident but the Shulk matchup is probably the worst.
If there is anyone with a better arial game then Jigglypuff, it's Shulk. His fair, up air, dair, and nair can easily beat out Jigglypuff's. Shulk has better grabs in his down throw, forward throw, and back throw. Not to mention Shulk's superior ground game compared to Jiggly. Sweet spotted back slash is devastating and his counter has a long linger time and is possibly the strongest counter in the game. Not to mention his monado arts. His speed and jump can help his air game and smash only makes the matchup easier for Shulk. Luckily, there aren't many skilled Shulk players out there. But how could you even win against a good one?

Jiggly

NNID
Jiggly101
Maybe I passed it up by accident but the Shulk matchup is probably the worst.
If there is anyone with a better arial game then Jigglypuff, it's Shulk. His fair, up air, dair, and nair can easily beat out Jigglypuff's. Shulk has better grabs in his down throw, forward throw, and back throw. Not to mention Shulk's superior ground game compared to Jiggly. Sweet spotted back slash is devastating and his counter has a long linger time and is possibly the strongest counter in the game. Not to mention his monado arts. His speed and jump can help his air game and smash only makes the matchup easier for Shulk. Luckily, there aren't many skilled Shulk players out there. But how could you even win against a good one?
He has crazy landing lag, and anything he uses that hits our shield is a free rest. His monado arts are weird, but we can camp out any we don't like. Backslash isnt something you should get hit by at kill percent. Our grabs are really good for spacing since he struggles with approaching us. His move have like, 2 differently timed hitboxes or whatever, so we beat out his moves due to their lack of "priority". The thing about his counter is if he misses: free rest or whatever punish works best for you in the situation.

I also have a buddy whos a really good puff and shulk, and he says that puff beats shulk, and he's been helping me with the MU lately. Puff is really good at comboing shulk, but shulk often times has issues comboing puff unless in jump art. Make shulk play your game, that's pretty much the best way to win it.

Principe Momopato

Smash Rookie
I see the MU pika jigg is heavily in pikas favor because jigg can`t approach and punish him well (rest is useless in that MU)
Extra 1: I think robin Mu is in jigg favor because he is so gimpable, if jigg is ducking she will avoid his projectiles and grab (grab range 0 duh)
His grab combos are useless in jigg and he is slow and is so punishable with rest and aerials.
I think is 60-40 in jigg favor
Extra 2 Duck hunt MU i think is in jigg favor 55:45

Last edited:

SafCar

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0645-5834-8488
Jiggs can cancel Pika's TJ with Fair/Nair. Pika has speed and juggling, but half of that is useless against Jiggs. Good Jiggs need to poke Pika and force him to retaliate, and work around Pika's ledge game.

He has crazy landing lag, and anything he uses that hits our shield is a free rest. His monado arts are weird, but we can camp out any we don't like. Backslash isnt something you should get hit by at kill percent. Our grabs are really good for spacing since he struggles with approaching us. His move have like, 2 differently timed hitboxes or whatever, so we beat out his moves due to their lack of "priority". The thing about his counter is if he misses: free rest or whatever punish works best for you in the situation.

I also have a buddy whos a really good puff and shulk, and he says that puff beats shulk, and he's been helping me with the MU lately. Puff is really good at comboing shulk, but shulk often times has issues comboing puff unless in jump art. Make shulk play your game, that's pretty much the best way to win it.
I can 100% confirm this. Shulk rarely uses Back Slash since it has crazy startup/end lag, his monado arts make him die much faster (especially Smash and Buster), and unless the player in question uses MALLC consistently, there's nothing to worry about for him so long as you aren't stupid.

Top Bottom