• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Jigglypuff vs Roy Matchup

Melee_Melody

Smash Rookie
Recently started playing Jigglypuff and have come across a Roy that is giving me a lot of trouble.

I use the PAL version and keep being zeroed to death by Roy's reverse up B.

Any tips to avoid this?

Last edited:

Night Atlantic North

Smash Rookie
Ok, so i actually have Pyro in my region (very good roy player). He's pretty good and does well in tournament and i've faced him a few times. #1 crouch cancel a lot. you can get prevent the up B by crouch canceling and DIing into him to get the right hit boxes. crouch canceling will also allow you to crouch under grabs for rests you can also wall of pain him if you space aerials properly as roy doesnt have the range marth does.

Jank++

Smash Cadet
Ok, so i actually have Pyro in my region (very good roy player). He's pretty good and does well in tournament and i've faced him a few times. #1 crouch cancel a lot. you can get prevent the up B by crouch canceling and DIing into him to get the right hit boxes. crouch canceling will also allow you to crouch under grabs for rests you can also wall of pain him if you space aerials properly as roy doesnt have the range marth does.
Haha, who are ya? Pyro lives 5 minutes from me ;) You can't reliably crouch under roy's grab, he's no marth. Honestly the biggest trick to beating most low tiers is to play lamer and bair more. Most of these characters (roy included) have no good way of forcing the issue and getting in. In terms of roy specifically, be aware of which stages and platforms reverse up-b works on (it has constant knockback so percents dont matter). It works anywhere on yoshis and stadium, on side pllatforms on others, and top platform on dreamland. On fd it only works if you don't DI away. Don't fall into roy with aerials, especially if he's crouching and watch out for gimmicks. The matchup gets a billion times easier when you force roy to come at you.

Last edited:
Top Bottom