• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Jigglypuff sweetspot Bair? + early jab lock combos

Cornbrd

Smash Cadet
Note: If this was already known then skip to the bottom half

After going into the lab with Jiggs for a bit I noticed that if you hit her back-air just right, it sends them into tumble pretty early (~9%). It's pretty hard to hit in game due to her aerial acceleration speed (I'd recommend using C-stick for aerials in general.) Though having no percentge difference it seems to have a signifigant ammount of KB at any given percent.

That being said...

At earlier percents it's possible to set up jab locks.
The easiest way to set it up imo is with a Fair or Uair to get them up to the percent they need to send them into tumble.

(The only jab-lock I know of Puff is her down smash, if she has anyothers try using it)

Up Tilt + (sweet) bair + dair
Up Air + (sweet) bair + dair
Etc.

Any opinions?

Buckstrom

Futile. Futile! FUTILE!
NNID
Buckstrom
3DS FC
1650-4551-1475
I saw a gfy on /r/Smashbros Free For All Friday where someone landed upair to dair lock on the platform above on Battlefield. I don't believe there's a landing hitbox so if you land within 1-3 hits before the final hit your opponent gets locked. I'll 'rest' this out in a bit. (Pun unintended but autocorrect made me do it :p)

Last edited:

Cornbrd

Smash Cadet
I saw a gfy on /r/Smashbros Free For All Friday where someone landed upair to dair lock on the platform above on Battlefield. I don't believe there's a landing hitbox so if you land within 1-3 hits before the final hit your opponent gets locked. I'll 'rest' this out in a bit. (Pun unintended but autocorrect made me do it :p)

Hmmm, gotta do lab work with that Dair test applications, dair combos well (esp. low %) so this may be a more efficient lock. I'll come back tomorrow to update :p

Top Bottom