• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Jigglypuff strategy discussion

How often do you hit rest?

• Always

Votes: 9 37.5%
  • Sometimes

Votes: 12 50.0%
  • Never

Votes: 3 12.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jiggsbomb

Smash Ace
Here you can post some strategys that you use when you play, The overlord Jigglypuff.
Post your favourite strategy, and you could explain why you play jiggs the way you play her.
Do you prefer to be offensive or defensive?

Lets find out!

pidgezero_one

((((((((((( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) gotta go fast!
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
I actually started playing Puff in Brawl, where rest is a pretty bad move, so in every iteration of Smash I've always been hesitant to risk it and instead try to rely on out-spacing and reading my opponent :s

Cheetah164

Smash Rookie
I'm having trouble punishing rolls as jiggs. I'll try baiting a roll with nair/fair, but the lag form landing makes it impossible to actually hit the roll. Any suggestions?

Jiggsbomb

Smash Ace
I actually started playing Puff in Brawl, where rest is a pretty bad move, so in every iteration of Smash I've always been hesitant to risk it and instead try to rely on out-spacing and reading my opponent :s

Out-spacing, and reading your opponent, is essential for playing jiggs. But I´ve played her for 15 years, ever since 64. So the more you practice, the better you get at hitting rest.

Jiggsbomb

Smash Ace
I'm having trouble punishing rolls as jiggs. I'll try baiting a roll with nair/fair, but the lag form landing makes it impossible to actually hit the roll. Any suggestions?

Dair, Pound ( Though Pound is kinda weak in smash 4), short hop bair. But the most important thing is practice, practice, practice. You can´t get good at smash with the press of a button.

Doroco

Smash Cadet
typically i go agro, spam f-airs, and spot dodge into rest. Boy are those rest satisfying

Kalierdarke

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kalierdarke
you should have had a "Most of the time" option for the poll, I'd say I land rest 3 out of 4 times.

Mind games seem to be the way to go with puff. Bait those openings. Hop in like you're going to attack, but instead of attacking, back off(jump up, away, or over them depending on opponent and their habits). If you see an opponent that likes to shield, Pound that shield. if you do it right it's not easy to punish the pound, and pound almost breaks any shield, most of your attacks can finish it off, and the last thing opponents want is to be helpless against a jigglypuff.

Remember, Fair can Wall of Pain similar to melee's Bair, which makes it a little easier to perform than melee's version.

Uair can combo into utilt, which can combo into rest at low-mid %s. I think the latest I've been able to tilt/rest was... around 50%, although 40% is the latest you can reliably do it to characters around Lucario's weight(and 40% is the earliest you can KO with it on FD/omega stages without bad DI). You can still do it at a little higher %s but you have to double jump and your opponent might be able to answer it if they realize what you're doing.

Jiggly F. Baby

Smash Rookie
When on the offensive, I tend to bait alot and punish with pound slaps. I use her running head-butt to control the floor mixed in with an occasional rollout. When everyone's damage is high and they least expect it, I attempt to sneak in a sing/rest.

Elthon

Smash Rookie
When game starts pound into Utilt twice into Uair. That gives a good amount of damage. Usually Ftilt where ever they land and rest punish. Works pretty often for me :]

Top Bottom