• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Jigglypuff Resting out of moves and combos

Overswarm

is laughing at you
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YiVwplWbSis

That's Jigglypuff resting MK out of his nado.

I don't main Jiggs, but it took Melee players like a million freaking years to figure out Jiggs can rest Falcon out of his d-throw to knee combo that could otherwise kill Jiggs.

Can you rest sheik out of f-tilt chains? What about d-throw to fair?

Does rest come out before your air dodge and, if so, when is it a better do-or-die defensive option than a panicky air dodge?

What if you can rest Diddy out of d-throw to u-air/bair?

Find the things you can rest people out of and post videos. Collect them. o_o

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
This is helpful. Thanks.

You can rest out of Bowser and Yoshi's ground pound, plus Charizard's flare blitz as far as I know. One of tips in the game has stated to rest when players are defenseless or are just about to attack you, like link's dash attack. I got no friends who will test things out for me since they'll only end up bored, or want to go wander around a store with no money just to look at whatever they like. Online won't help much either.

Calling @ TheReflexWonder TheReflexWonder to do something?

Overswarm

is laughing at you
If you have the opportunity, record video of it -- even if it is crappy. Any telegraphed move that can be rested on reaction or any standard combo you can rest out of is huge for Jiggs.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Rest starts invincibility on Frame 1, while airdodges start sometime later (Frame 4 in Brawl; not sure about Smash 4). The thing about airdodging out of combos is that airdodges can be done out of knockback that causes tumble earlier than jumps, aerials, or special moves, so there shouldn't be many scenarios in which Rest would be a safer combo breaker than an airdodge. Maybe Sheik F-Air stuff? I dunno.

This is largely limited to using the move right before a telegraphed attack.

Last edited:

Jiggly

Drop the mic, cause these fools sleeping on me
The FBI Surveillance Van outside your house.
NNID
Jiggly101
You COULD technically rest any attack that isn't a range, grab, or status attack. That frame 1 is incredible. I once played a falcon and rested his falcon kick, and then next stock rested his falcon punch as it hit. That was a beautiful day. With this frame 1 invincibility, the possibilities are endless. The problem is risking an air dodge, and you have to be frame perfect. If anyone gets down the frame perfect rest, it's gonna be a tough thing to deal with.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
It's still only active for three frames, and startup is Frame 2, with a miss often meaning a dead Jigglypuff, which opponents could easily bait out. I don't think it's gonna get much better than the current state of things.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
It's still only active for three frames, and startup is Frame 2, with a miss often meaning a dead Jigglypuff, which opponents could easily bait out. I don't think it's gonna get much better than the current state of things.
Are you sure it's only one frame invincibility? It seems much longer, or maybe MK's nado hitboxes are just super spread out now

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
The invincibility starts on Frame 1 and ends on Frame 26, while the acitve frames are on 2-4; if invincibility ended after the active frames, the move would be WAY better, but this pretty much ensures that if you miss, you get punished HARD.

Last edited:

C4RDIN4L

Hachachacha
NNID
zbot09
3DS FC
3454-1311-6010
Switch FC
SW 4949 5867 3952
Remember you can crouch under a lot of things and rest them. captain falcons dash grab is my favorite because captain falcons LOVE to dash grab. other prominent moves to crouch: zss dash attack, little mac neutral b (not KO punch omg), robin's fsmash, shield breaker, bowser jr.'s fsmash, luigi's fireball, ike's ftilt, etc.

C4RDIN4L

Hachachacha
NNID
zbot09
3DS FC
3454-1311-6010
Switch FC
SW 4949 5867 3952
Also keep in mind that if you stay crouched too long you lose the effect of crouching, so crouch right before the attack/grab will hit or refresh your crouch every so often.

Top Bottom