• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Jigglypuff ATs, Tips, and Techniques

Salad Bowl

Banned via Warnings
NNID
SaladBowl41
Jigglypuff ATs, Tips, and Techniques

Sing Edge Cancel: Canceling sing while snapping on the ledge. The effects of sing still come out, but the animation ends faster.

Dair to Rest: You can follow up with rest from dair by using dair in a direction, then taking the momentum the opposite direction and jumping into rest.

Crouch to Rest Tech: Crouching under a move, then jumping into them and resting.

Shieldbreaking with Pound: It takes 2 pounds to break a shield. When you see an open shield, use pound.

Wall of Pain: Using a wall of fairs to push them offscreen.

Sing uses: If you opponent is on the ledge and do a ledge action other than jump from the ledge, use sing and a good read can get a stock.

Juggling with Uair: Uair is a good juggling tool with disjoints and high priority.

Nair Uses: Has amazing priority so its perfect for approaching. It also can clank with projectiles. Can also edgeguard, it eats many recoveries with the lingering hitbox.

Crouch Uses: Its super useful and abusive. You can duck under most annoying projectiles. Against characters like Zero Suit Samus and Wii Fit, its super abusive.

Dair Spike: Dair is a weak spike, if the last few ending hits don't connect, it can spike.

Sing on the ledge: Wait on the ledge for your opponent to do a get-up attack, get-up roll, or a regular tech. Use Sing to read it and possible get a kill.

Add more techs and I'll put it in the OP...

Last edited:

♥ Rd0Lg ♥

Smash Rookie
NNID
Rider0fLightning
3DS FC
0989-1743-4601
I use nAir as an edgeguard option. The lasting sex kick stays out long enough to force your opponent to recover low or high. Then you can simpy drift past them and either hit them back out from the air or punish their landing. It also eats through Falcon's and Ganon's recovery, as well as Pit's/Dark Pit's and Rosalina's recovery, so it has a ton of uses for edgeguarding.
I'm not sure if this is the thread to post this in, but eh. :p

Salad Bowl

Banned via Warnings
NNID
SaladBowl41
I use nAir as an edgeguard option. The lasting sex kick stays out long enough to force your opponent to recover low or high. Then you can simpy drift past them and either hit them back out from the air or punish their landing. It also eats through Falcon's and Ganon's recovery, as well as Pit's/Dark Pit's and Rosalina's recovery, so it has a ton of uses for edgeguarding.
I'm not sure if this is the thread to post this in, but eh. :p
I'll update the OP

ZeroJanitor

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
ZJ#732
NNID
ZeroJanitor
Switch FC
SW-3025-9002-7252
I remember there was talk about a technique with dair where you move back in the first half of the move, then forward, and you can follow up with Rest

Kojii

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Afrooooo
3DS FC
1650-1652-7604
Maybe you should add Rest OOS and Rest out of Jabs to the list. Adding sources with list of what you can do and what you can't i.e. crouch or rest might also be useful.

Meek Moths

Smash Ace
jigs has really good jab imo and it can be followed by grab or dtilt

lulz saladbowl looks like we share our top two played chars :x

Desu~

Smash Ace
NNID
Mr. G-E
Switch FC
2211-2137-8924
But Jiggs jabs does not have necessary knockback.
Anybody on low to mid damage can just mash out their own jab.

Last edited:

JarOfPlasma

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
3239-3886-6677
Rollout autosnaps the ledge if used at the right elevation, so using it for recovery is a useful option (assuming no one jumps into it, but most people don't know that).

JarOfPlasma

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
3239-3886-6677
Actually, I can normally charge up Rollout and get a free ledgesnap because no one wants to jump into it.

drakeirving

Smash Journeyman
But as said, even by you, a competent player would just jump right in for one of the easiest possible gimps on a Jigglypuff ever. Unless they're at a percent where a Rollout would kill them before you fall to oblivion, the choice is obvious because death is guaranteed. Just because you don't get punished for it (yet) doesn't mean it's a good idea at all.

We have six jumps; if you're recovering from a spot where you can even use Rollout, there's almost no doubt you should be able to get back. The only exception is if you've used all of your jumps and are still way off the stage.

JarOfPlasma

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
3239-3886-6677
Yeah, the strategy doesn't seem too strong now.

Unless it's Relentless Rollout, in which case, it goes through opponents, which is why I use it.

therestofus

Smash Rookie
I know a combo m9 Uair - Utilt - rest.
and Uair - jump in to rest.
and theres Uair - Utilt - Fair - rest
and dats all I have...

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
Rest comes out immediately after a spotdodge, so if you stand near the ledge, and your opponent tries to dash attack or dash grab, spotdodge, and rest. They will be right over you, as the ledge won't let them pass you.

Codaption

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3454-1643-6973
You can combo into rest from pound, from what I've found. it's basically the Uair combo, except it tends to kill slightly earlier; however, the range of percentages that it works seems to be smaller, and it's a bit more awkward to use. (HAVENT gotten a chance to test it on an opponent with DI, so any sort of testing for it would be appreciated.)

Dair and Nair can both cover many ledge options at once, but they can't really cover the jump getup and the roll getup (respectively). You can pretty much just alternate with the two, though the Nair tends to be a bit more rewarding.

PKPro

Smash Rookie
there is a footstool to rest AT it is extremely hard to pull of since you have to first footstool then quickly dair buffer it into a rest in quick succession. If done correctly it would look as if you pulled a rest on there heads. only works on a few characters and various if they are grounded or in air

chiisai

Smash Rookie
pulled off a nice little combo that is similar to the WoP while on the ground. "dash sh fair ff" repeat till off the stage then gimp. works on light characters round 20-25, mid 27-35, heavy 35-40.
If at low percent you can mix up w/ dash canceled upsmash, etc
if above the necessary percent range lengthen the dash and options arise.

w/ rage you can replace w/ dash attack or (dash in opposite direction)bair to kill. can also use retreaing fair for... idk baiting.

you can mix it up pretty well, like doing a reverse rush?( a series of bairs)

Last edited:

Psymon

Smash Sweetheart
A lot of the things mentioned above aren't TRUE combos. U-air doesn't combo into rest, not at kill percent at least. Also, dash attack has so much end-lag, if anyone was still close enough for you to F-air them out of it, they be close enough to punish you first.

Codaption

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3454-1643-6973
A lot of the things mentioned above aren't TRUE combos. U-air doesn't combo into rest, not at kill percent at least. Also, dash attack has so much end-lag, if anyone was still close enough for you to F-air them out of it, they be close enough to punish you first.
Actually, Uair to rest is an easy stock on most characters within a small range (starts at 35%-45% for most of the cast and ends around 10ish% later.) based on data from FD and my own experience. If you were on a stage with a higher ceiling, such as battlefield, it'd be a bit trickier to do, but as long as that stage has platforms then you should still be able to use those to land the setup properly.

However, you still have to read their DI, so there's a chance of it failing if you're not ready for it. It's not a true combo, although it's still a very reliable one and definitely worth knowing how to utilize. (And of course, Dash Attack combos into absolutely nothing. Not even a string.)

Last edited:

Psymon

Smash Sweetheart
Actually, Uair to rest is an easy stock on most characters within a small range (starts at 35%-45% for most of the cast and ends around 10ish% later.) based on data from FD and my own experience. If you were on a stage with a higher ceiling, such as battlefield, it'd be a bit trickier to do, but as long as that stage has platforms then you should still be able to use those to land the setup properly.

However, you still have to read their DI, so there's a chance of it failing if you're not ready for it. It's not a true combo, although it's still a very reliable one and definitely worth knowing how to utilize. (And of course, Dash Attack combos into absolutely nothing. Not even a string.)
I was saying that it's not a TRUE combo. You'd have to account for them jumping, attacking, or air-dodging - DI really doesn't do that much in this game compared to others, as knockback is way more telegraphed. Up-air > rest is good, but only on fast(er)-fallers (Fox, Sonic, etc.). It's not guaranteed though.

Codaption

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3454-1643-6973
I was saying that it's not a TRUE combo. You'd have to account for them jumping, attacking, or air-dodging - DI really doesn't do that much in this game compared to others, as knockback is way more telegraphed. Up-air > rest is good, but only on fast(er)-fallers (Fox, Sonic, etc.). It's not guaranteed though.
DI is the only thing you can do against Uair-> rest if it's performed within the right percentage range. The range is very narrow (as I said before, usually within a 10% range or even less), and on certain stages it might not work, but it's there all the same. It's still not guaranteed, but certainly more reliable than you're giving it credit for.

If you're adamant about it, then still at least keep it in mind for platform stages (again, like battlefield). It's sure to kill there if you do it properly, as even Ultilt->Rest can kill reliably there if set up at the right percents (and that's even stricter than the Uair setup.).

Last edited:

Desu~

Smash Ace
NNID
Mr. G-E
Switch FC
2211-2137-8924
But...

But what if I told that...

dair into rest seems way more reliable than uair into rest.

Codaption

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3454-1643-6973
But...

But what if I told that...

dair into rest seems way more reliable than uair into rest.
Now THAT is something we can all agree on. Dair to rest is probably the best Rest setup we have in a default setting, and with customs it's still second only to Pound Blitz (which is our best setup by a longshot imo).

Last edited:

Hoejja

Smash Apprentice
Its great to have a combo into rest who deals 50, 60 % from very low percents.however, killing w ill be very hard With it.

On the other hand dair to rest is specific to a limited range of percents but kills.

Top Bottom