• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Jigglypuff 1.11

Jiggly

Drop the mic, cause these fools sleeping on me
The FBI Surveillance Van outside your house.
NNID
Jiggly101
We kind of got indirectly buffed. We now solidly win luigi MU, shieldbreakers nerfed, and we can shield ledge getup attacks and missed getup attacks with no push back or stun and get a free rest.

Shog

Smash Ace
Nobody is mentioning the increasing Shield Stun? I mean ... people always hold shield against puff, and after trying it out in FG(yes I am that FG casual, but still) it is really amazing how you can "go in" with Jigglypuff now.

Funtroon

Smash Apprentice
^^
I was definitely coming here to mention the shield hit stun alteration. Does that better our approach game in anyway, or does that still leave us where we were in the 1.10 patch?

A~lex

Smash Rookie
This shield stun is huge for Puff. Before the patch, the best defense against a Puff was to shield and punish a badly spaced move. Now with increased shield stun, spacing does not have to be perfect on forward or back airs. I haven't done the testing, but I can see small combos on shield like soft hit F-air to Double jab to pound is easier to pull off just based on shield stun alone. I think Puff's meta needs to move into finding possible shield breaks. This leads to easy rests/rest setups. At the very least it helps puff control the stage.

I am not saying this "buff" makes her top tier, but I will say that this makes her much more viable for aggressive players like me.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
All of your moves are 3-5 frames safer on shield. Old shieldstun formula was Damage/2.56, now it's (Damage/1.8) + 3. That should help a good bit.

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
Yes, it does. It still breaks a full shield when fully charged, and an uncharged one didn't break shields without prior damage before the patch.
Well, I meant uncharged. I know about fully charged, though if you actually try to shield a fully charged Shield Breaker, you deserve your impending fate.

phantom man

Smash Journeyman
We kind of got indirectly buffed. We now solidly win luigi MU, shieldbreakers nerfed, and we can shield ledge getup attacks and missed getup attacks with no push back or stun and get a free rest.
I have NO IDEA why the hell ShieldBreaker got nerfed if it did. It didn't break shields that easily. If your shield is full and it's uncharged you can let your shield go at the right time to keep your shield but just barely.

Last edited:

Chibi-Chan

Smash Journeyman
Shield Breaker were NOT nerfed. The reduced shield damage is made-up with the natural shield reduction for an extra 5+ frames that you can't drop the shield. This means Marth and DK breakers are mostly the same...

HOWEVER. Pound shield damage was NOT nerfed, right? This mean it actually deals MORE overall than before and opens up shield breaking attempt setups or something.

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
I have NO IDEA why the hell ShieldBreaker got nerfed if it did. It didn't break shields that easily. If your shield is full and it's uncharged you can let your shield go at the right time to keep your shield but just barely.
Being able to break a slightly damaged shield with the press of a button is a ******** concept, let alone move. There's also the matter of it one-shotting Jigglypuff.

Last edited:

Uberlord

Smash Rookie
Is it just me, or did rest get buffed? I'm resting a training dummy and the flower's stuck on its head till 57%

I remember it use to be 20% for the rest, + 20% for the flower, but now I'm doing 20% for the rest and 37% for the flower...

Last edited:

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
Is it just me, or did rest get buffed? I'm resting a training dummy and the flower's stuck on its head till 57%

I remember it use to be 20% for the rest, + 20% for the flower, but now I'm doing 20% for the rest and 37% for the flower...
It's just you. It's always been that way.

Comet Shrine

Smash Apprentice
NNID
PurinPro
3DS FC
3539-8838-3028
I think I should play the same way I did in 1.1.0
Probably overthinking it, lol

Jiggly

NNID
Jiggly101
I think I should play the same way I did in 1.1.0
Probably overthinking it, lol
you definitely aren't overthinking, we need to play different. Abuse dair more, feel free to be agressive on shields now, and don't use shield on much, especially against characters with projectiles. For those you need to learn to power shield and maybe perfect parry.

FunAtParties

PM me ur character ideas girl
NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
Any good shield breaking combos? So far the only shields I've broken was on utilts while opponent was trapped near ledge and bair to pound, but seeing that they weren't on good players I'm not sold on them.

Zeepington

Smash Cadet
NNID
Zeeper
Back air feels definitely stronger, and fast fall can be triggered earlier than usual. Only changes I noticed.

phantom man

Smash Journeyman
Can we please stop with these 1.1.1 patch note threads? Nothing special happened besides shield breaker getting nerfed.

I AKU I

Smash Cadet
NNID
murphed
Can we please stop with these 1.1.1 patch note threads? Nothing special happened besides shield breaker getting nerfed.
Umm.. I think there should be more discussions in these threads. The universal shieldstun change completely alters the current meta and makes all moves safer on shield. This is fantastic for Jiggs because low shieldstun combined with low shield pushback enabled her to get punished for spacing things like fair, dair, or pound on shield. I'm sure everyone has realized this, but I was kind of hoping that someone in this thread already had some updated frame advantage/disadvantage calcs.

Also, there appears to be a change in aerial momentum that is just coming to light in the main 1.1.1 competitive discussion thread.
1: You no longer lose aerial momentum when using the c-stick and having it set to smash attacks.
2: It now seems that all characters carry their momentum while putting another player in hitstun. This has reportedly created new combos for other characters, and I could see this being a big deal for Jiggs if it is true. If I'm understanding this correctly, weak fair to rest combos may have gotten easier.

Phantom Man, you can disregard my suggestion to discuss more until you go back and do your homework. A lot more was changed besides Marth/Lucina's shieldbreaker... Also Marth's "nerf" isn't as bad as you think because the added shieldstun makes up for it.

phantom man

Smash Journeyman
I guess that the whole shield stun thing thdoesnt matter..
Sorry, I forgot about it. The comment was just something I said because I was bored, I'm really tired today too.
This comment goes to AKU also. Didn't mean to start a mini war.

Last edited:

MisterDom

Smash Ace
NNID
MisterDom
3DS FC
1091-7673-8661
This probably isn't a change, but I would like some people (more than one) to deconfirm this, or confirm this:

I was checking out Jigglypuff and she seems pretty much the same. But than I found something, and it wasn't about the sheild stuff which seems accurate to me. It was about her dair.

It ALMOST links together. Do you see almost? Almost is important.

You can still only get a few hits in of you fly past your opponent and hit with Jigglypuff's tippy toes, but otherwise it seems that the attack mostly links together. Kinda like falco's nair. If this is true, this is both good and bad, but mostly good in the meta that we were in.

Most of our combos out of dair requires that we get all consecutive, or at least the last consecutive hit to combo out of, and that's easier now if this is true. If this is true, it is bad becuase of a hard (but very good) rest setup that 90% works all the time.

I'M NOT TALKING ABOUT COMBOING OUT OF DAIR AT A VERY SPECIFIC PERCENT TO REST! THAT STILL WORKS!

I'm talking about of you miss the very last hit of dair, and ONLY the last hit, we can usually get a free rest at any percent. Of course, none of us can pull that off easily, and I don't think I've seen it pulled off on a tourney by anyone). If someone utilized that well in tourneys it basically could've meant free rests at given moments, and up the tier list we go becuase of a working rest set up that works better than melee's combos into rest (though much harder). I think there was a thread for this 'combo'.

I might be crazy. I've been crazy before. I've had TERRIBLE memory before. BUT, I think this is correct, and if I'm not, well the more we all know! Do test this please! I'm talking to everyone!

Jiggly

NNID
Jiggly101
This probably isn't a change, but I would like some people (more than one) to deconfirm this, or confirm this:

I was checking out Jigglypuff and she seems pretty much the same. But than I found something, and it wasn't about the sheild stuff which seems accurate to me. It was about her dair.

It ALMOST links together. Do you see almost? Almost is important.

You can still only get a few hits in of you fly past your opponent and hit with Jigglypuff's tippy toes, but otherwise it seems that the attack mostly links together. Kinda like falco's nair. If this is true, this is both good and bad, but mostly good in the meta that we were in.

Most of our combos out of dair requires that we get all consecutive, or at least the last consecutive hit to combo out of, and that's easier now if this is true. If this is true, it is bad becuase of a hard (but very good) rest setup that 90% works all the time.

I'M NOT TALKING ABOUT COMBOING OUT OF DAIR AT A VERY SPECIFIC PERCENT TO REST! THAT STILL WORKS!

I'm talking about of you miss the very last hit of dair, and ONLY the last hit, we can usually get a free rest at any percent. Of course, none of us can pull that off easily, and I don't think I've seen it pulled off on a tourney by anyone). If someone utilized that well in tourneys it basically could've meant free rests at given moments, and up the tier list we go becuase of a working rest set up that works better than melee's combos into rest (though much harder). I think there was a thread for this 'combo'.

I might be crazy. I've been crazy before. I've had TERRIBLE memory before. BUT, I think this is correct, and if I'm not, well the more we all know! Do test this please! I'm talking to everyone!
Puff was not changed. We have had coding released about the patch, and the only thing touched was an animation thing on Wakey Wakey. We were not changed at all this patch, that's that.

Rioku

Smash Cadet
NNID
RiokuMattenake
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J06GhnAf_Pw

Found this on reddit if you haven't seen it. Been unable to test it but according to the thread they claim that pound can break shields without any previous shield damage.

https://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/comments/3n59kt/how_did_this_happen_how/cvky1vw

If this is indeed a thing, well... Welcome to the new puff meta. Typically I've just been nairing out of shield or shield grabbing puff depending on who I'm playing. This changes things. Also rip shielding rest.

In what I have seen in some friendlies is that puff's shield is actually big enough to not get poked by stuff that's poking now. Honestly I'd say you guys have the most viable shield now just due to sheer size depending on the match up.

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
To clear all confusion and hopeful eliminate all bull****, Jigglypuff was completely unchanged besides Wakie Wakie.

LRodC

Smashing With Mewtwo and Cloud
NNID
LightningrodC
3DS FC
1461-6200-7452
I think the new changes to shields made Jigglypuff a lot better. She's far safer now on shield than she used to be. I'll be experimenting with her to see what works and what doesn't.

Top Bottom