• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Jiggly usless online?

TheAmazingJordo

Smash Cadet
I believe so, as much as I dislike the idea.

I have been playing WiFi matches basically all day, and I just cannot bring myself to play Jigglypuff anymore on it. It's a disaster.

It seems to me, in order to be an efficient Puff it requires 0 lag. I find since the WoP is tough to pull off, and requires precision DI, as well as correctly timed Fairs or Bairs it just won't work with the Delay and Lag. I just can't pull of any good chain of Bairs or Fairs unless I'm not online. It also makes landing Rests much tougher. For me Online Jiggs was simply spam aerials until they were high enough to Rollout for the kill.

Anyone else feel this way?

Fox Rox

Smash Apprentice
I won my very first online match with Jiggly, And I was on the cell phone talking to a friend when I did it! >:D I think Jigglypuff is a great character, just need to sneak in a Down+B when no one is lookin' >_>

HiddenBowser

Smash Master
how the **** do you sneak in a rest in lag. Thats lucky as hell, that is all. I ****ing hate playing as jiggs on wifi, its so ********, but I guess its not as bad as playing as ganon.

Mizar

Smash Ace
I sense a disturbance in the WiFi. BUt seriously, do you have the same problem with a good stable connection?

Doomblaze

Smash Journeyman
Jiggs down-b got nerfed so badly i dont think its worth it anymore to use.
It is alot harder to play in WiFi, but thats what rollout and sing are for :D

=ArtH=

Smash Apprentice
The only character that's impossible for me to play online if Fox. I got used to playing Jiggs online.

Scylen

Smash Cadet
TheAmazingJordo is right about the lag -Jigglypuff seems to suffer from it more than characters who can fight well on the ground. Air combos are very hard to do when there is lag.

Rest is very, very, very situational now. I've tried using it in lag and it has failed miserably every attempt.

orintemple

Smash Lord
If we are lucky the lag will be fixed and we won't have to worry about it anymore, but as of now the Wifi is a disaster.

Shuriken_bob

Smash Rookie
I played about 8 random brawl matches and about 10 2v2s with some friends.
Me on jiggs and bud on Pit vs an Ike and toon link. We won about half despite the lag we had, simply because the other team had it also.

LEE!!

Smash Rookie
I noticed the lag while playing a 2v2 with some friends. WoP was more difficult to perform as I had what felt like a half second delay. So far I'm not overly impressed with Online play.

As a side note, There is a tutorial online some where-a-bouts that walks you through the process of setting up your Wii for optimal online play (inputting your DHCP, etc) It reduced the lag, but didn't eliminate it. Perhaps as more Smash players discover this we will see considerably less lag overall.

Top Bottom