• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

JC shine out of dash

SunnySSBM

Smash Rookie
Anyone here do this consistently? I'm thinking about using it to stuff falco lasers on reaction to their jump, or in the mirror when a fox tries to bait me with a nair or something. I don't plan on using it too much outside of the mirror or the falco match up due to threat range. I'm conceptualizing it against Marth and Sheik and stuff but I can't imagine dash dancing that close to those characters. Hit me with your thoughts.

1000g2g3g4g800999

Smash Journeyman
Pivot shine's one of the easier pivot inputs, and there's literally 0 chance of doing the shine too high, and you can act sooner.

SunnySSBM

Smash Rookie
Wouldn't you have to move the control stick from left or right to down in one frame? Sounds a lot harder than just doing a single multi shine input

1000g2g3g4g800999

Smash Journeyman
You can cancel the turnaround animation from the pivot at any point with shine, so no. Moreover, a control stick input for pivot down-smash (which is also fairly easy) and for pivot down-tilt both work. You just press B instead of A.

S.D

Smash Master
Yeah I can do it with 90% consistency, it's not that hard once you practice it for a bit and it's the same movement as a multishine. Really versatile for adding options at close quarters.

TastyCarcass

Smash Apprentice
But you only go into turnaround animation once out of dash, at which point you can just shine from run anyway.

You need to JC shine when in dash, there's no other way

1000g2g3g4g800999

Smash Journeyman
Pivot is when you're in dash, before full run. If you go into full run, just crouch, it's faster than JC shine anyway.

TastyCarcass

Smash Apprentice
"Pivot shine's one of the easier pivot inputs, and there's literally 0 chance of doing the shine too high, and you can act sooner."

This needs more explanation. Do you mean the pivot in the dash dance, where you have one frame to get from pressing left to pressing down b? It doesn't seem possible.

1000g2g3g4g800999

Smash Journeyman
You can cancel the pivot with a shine at any point, but even doing it at max speed in a single motion as you seem to be describing isn't particularly difficult if you're proficient at pivots. It's strictly easier than pivot downsmash with the A button, and leagues easier than pivot dtilt. You can go from a direction to centered, but downward in a single motion and do this as fast as any pivot input, but it doesn't matter if you go so far down you would dsmash with A, or if you do it with the finesse to do a dtilt instead.

You can only pivot out of initial dash, but yes, this means you can do this as any point in a dash dance.

Top Bottom