• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

JC running usmash and regular running up smash

Sabz09

Smash Rookie
Hi guys! First time posting here! I've been playing smash 4 for a while competitively, i guess (I still miss a lot of pps and fair footstools but I'm working on it) and i was wondering how much of a difference the title makes. Im currently using the z button to try and get the jc running usmash and honestly if it doesnt make that much of a difference I was thinking of just continuing on with regular running up smash instead of trying make this perfect and I'd really appreciate it if I could get some insight how big of a difference these two make :D I also saw this video about tech chasing after nair and dair and was wondering if I should actually try and practice this as well (ive been just going for the usmash everytime i get them in a tech position) I just assumed these were untechable after a certain % or certain situations lol (not the 25% spin animation, just untechable in general) ive seen larry hit them a bunch of times in tournaments so they must be hard to tech or something right? Haha
Thanks in advance!!

Megabey

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
3883-5508-3405
Well jc usmash gives your character a nice slide so you can reach your opponent. I think its also faster. Not to mention you can do a jc usmash out of shield. I would recommend practicing it.

Megabey

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
3883-5508-3405
Well jc usmash gives your character a nice slide so you can reach your opponent. I think its also faster. Not to mention you can do a jc usmash out of shield. I would recommend practicing it.
Also for tech chasing, using usmash isnt always the best option so you should definitely try nair and dair( could lead into an usmash even)

ZeroJanitor

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
ZJ#732
NNID
ZeroJanitor
Switch FC
SW-3025-9002-7252
JCUS does grant a modest distance increase, works out-of-shield, and you can reverse upsmash (which isn't very useful but damn if it doesn't look cool)

Sabz09

Smash Rookie
i do use it out of shield but just didn't know how much reward i get when im running. So basically i should always be going for the jc usmash instead of a regular one?

EnhaloTricks

Smash Apprentice
i do use it out of shield but just didn't know how much reward i get when im running. So basically i should always be going for the jc usmash instead of a regular one?
Yes. All of fox's kill confirms work for a much larger percent range if you jc usmash. Reason being the aforementioned boost. It's noticeable.

Also falling nair and dair are kill confirms into usmash if you are quick enough and the percent is right. People can di down and away to tech but then it's a tech chase anyway. Other than that they can di up to pop out of it but only at higher pervents. So DEFINITELY learn those as well. You might hit them less and less as you face better opponents but when the opportunity arises for you to kill at 100 you gotta know how to do it

seoh

Smash Cadet
As mentioned, jcus is always a good idea, its going to make connecting them much easier. z inputs are wildy different on controllers (imo), and either way if its easier for you to do it with a, do it with a, its not dramatically worse or anything

G-Sword

Smash Journeyman
JCUS does grant a modest distance increase, works out-of-shield, and you can reverse upsmash (which isn't very useful but damn if it doesn't look cool)
I'm gonna have to disagree lol reverse usmash I find it very useful. But didn't know jcus was that much useful. Should help me connect on more usmash especially against Luigi when he gets dair and than kicks out a nair

Last edited:

Sabz09

Smash Rookie
Okay so im really strgguling with using the z button but im also getting the idea that ive been actually doing the jc usmash the whole time because my control has tap jump on (with c stick to tilts) could this be the case? It kinda does feel like im sliding a bit Is there like an indication to whether im doing a regular one? Its really kinda hard to tell lol thanks in advance!

And any good ways to practice fair footstools? Cpu always recover high and i usually have to jump to practice

Top Bottom