• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Japanese Robin Hood Ganbare Goemon for SSB4

Should Ganebare Goemon be in Smash Brothers? (He would be Konami's Rep)

• Yes

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • Only if another third party gets in

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • No

Votes: 3 50.0%
  • We want Snake instead

Votes: 3 50.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
I saw that there was no Ganbare Goemon SSB4 Support Thread, well lets change that now.

Who is Ganebare Goemon? He is the Japanese Robinhood of folkore legend. His video game counterpart is Konami's Ganebare Goemon who mainly slays Ghosts and returns them to the afterlife.

Here is a picture of our Japanese Ghost Hunter:

Why Ganbare Goemon? Well, Ganbare Goemon is a third party character made by Konami who has spent almost all of his existence on Nintendo Consoles and Nintendo Handhelds.

What makes Ganbare Goemon better than other third party reps? Sadly this is where Goemon struggles the most, in that, there are more recognizable third party characters, mainly Snake.

Ganbare Goemon's greatest opponents is:

What would his moves be?

:GCB:: Coin Throw - Goemon throws his money at the opponents like a ninja star, the longer it charges the more coins that get thrown.

:GCU::GCB:: Spin Pole - Just like in his 64 game, Goemon grabs a pole, that manifests itself out of nowhere, and swings from the pole. The depending on where he is on the pole when jumps the higher he recovers; however, you have a limit of 6 secs to jump before the Spin Pole disappears.

:GCD::GCB:: Chain Pipe - Goemon throws out the chain from his pipe horizontally to hit all in front of him, it goes as far as Link's hookshot. This is one of Goemon's stab moves that will help him zone his opponents.

:GCR::GCB:: Pipe Throw - Goemon throws his Pipe in a Boomerang like fashion. This move is made to rack up damage, it is not a finishing type move.

Final Smash: Impact! Goemon summons his Giant Robot to attack his opponents. Impact can punch his opponents and shoot blasts from his nose to finish off opponents.

Counter Arguments:

He is not well known: True, but neither are some of Nintendo's retro characters like Lip.

Snake is a better Konami rep: That is true to an extent; however, unlike Snake, Goemon rarely moves away from Nintendo Handhelds and Nintendo Consoles. So this practically puts him in the same situation as Megaman.

There are better third party reps: This is what Goemon has the most trouble with, characters such as Simon Belmont and Rayman. Having more recent games make them more noticeable and would give them an edge when it comes to support.

Do you support our Ghost slaying Hero?

Supporters:

Oracle_Summon
smashingDoug
TheAzureTrainer
jaeohjae

Last edited:

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
I personally prefer both snake and simon belmont. but i've loved the few Goemon games i´ve played, so my frustration would probably be short lived.

(I believe that Simon belmont is a bigger opponent, considering he is almost the face of Konami/Nintendo interaction...)

i think that snake is more kojima rep than konami rep.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
I personally prefer both snake and simon belmont. but i've loved the few Goemon games i´ve played, so my frustration would probably be short lived.

(I believe that Simon belmont is a bigger opponent, considering he is almost the face of Konami/Nintendo interaction...)

i think that snake is more kojima rep than konami rep.
True, Simon Belmont is a bigger opponent since Snake is practically moving to everything except Nintendo consoles now. (His most recent games that are upcoming)

If we get a Konami rep I would prefer Simon Belmont over Snake, if Goemon doesn't get in.

Not hating on Snake, but Snake seems to be a traitor to me.

Last edited:

smashingDoug

Smash Lord
i will support him. but i find him to be on the boat of forgotten characters the last to game he had where slot machines only in japan. but then again we got mega man.

Last edited:

RadiantTactician

Defender of the Outrealms
NNID
smashergal426
3DS FC
0946-3031-1836
Switch FC
SW-4594-4881-1993
Eeek, he's my second most requested Konami character, next to :snake:of course. Even if his games are awfully obscure, I would honestly prefer him over the other suggestions. Having Impact with the song in the background would be golden! :laugh:

Jae

You're outta luck, buddy
Oh man, I vividly remember days where I played his games, particularly Mythical Ninja Starring Goemon. That game was awesome, and I honestly wouldn't mind seeing a ninja ninja in Smash Bros.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom