• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Janky matchup with this fella.

Zeta145

Smash Rookie
NNID
Zeta145
3DS FC
3668-9863-7225
I'm posting this here cause I'm not sure if I could in the general discussion, but do you guys have any tips on how to fight against a ness and what to avoid when playing one?

I primarily use Fox falco and Wolf but I can get wins off of them, but I want to be able to convincingly and constantly win and I'm not sure if it's me or the fact that all 3 are spacies lol

Halp

Edit; I can also use Lucas, Ganon, Mario, and marth. But the spacies are the ones I'm most experienced with (just learning fox now).

Last edited:

Psi Sig

Smash Journeyman
Most important regardless who you try to, learn how to get out of pk fire.
If you are fast faller, beware of the up throw chain grab.
I dont get to fight many spacies, but check out this match:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2XQN08_ILwU
and check out the MU thread. and Mewtwo, Marth, and Link are pretty good counters as well

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
I literally came into this board to ask the same exact thing.

Just got WORKED by a Ness, though I'm pretty sure I'm the better player.

Dragrin

Smash Rookie
The matchup is pretty abnormal try to rush down against a ness so he can't space you too hard. Also try not to get hit by his DJC fair because he will almost always be able to get a grab combo on you. his up throw will chain grab to ~40% I think maybe a little less so try and mix up your DI or get a platform tech.

Top Bottom