• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Janky Luigi strats

MonkeyArms

Smash Ace
NNID
MrCheeseburger7
Hello, I just wanted to shair some janky things I do in matches. If you have janky strats, post them here.

Super Jump Pun-ish
This is by far the easiest to pull of. Simply read an opponent trying to read your get up/get up attack by laying down for a split second, then do a normal get up holding up and mashing the B button. If you pull off the critical hit, you may find a couple of people laughing that are watching you.

Super Gimp Punch
Aim to hit your opponent with a weak up b under the ledge.

Death Chopper
Do a down throw on your opponent at a low perecnt on the ledge, then proceed to get as many f-airs as possible. If your opponent loses their jump, they're probably dead.

Floaty Read
This is one of the hardest things to pull off but if you can read an air dodge right, you can get a fully charged floating missile.

Not so Misfire
Using the normal missile, space yourself so your about an uncharged missile away from the edge and a bit under it when your opponent is standing above the ledge. If you misfire, its can hit and its hard to punish, if you don't, just hope your opponents down air isn't a fast spike.

Edgy Tornado
When your opponent is near the ledge, scoop them up with a jumping tornado. it has a bigger hitbox than you think.

Some of these may not sound so janky, but they feel janky to me, so, yeah.

Last edited:

veritron

Smash Cadet
Sometimes I'll just do semi-stupid gimmicks for a stock just to keep from falling into predictable patterns. e.g:

Luigi's Shut Up and Jam: Gaiden!

The only aerial you're allowed to use out of down-throw is down-air - bounce your opponent like a bball until you get to the side until you chaos-dunk off the side.

Luigi Russian Roulette:

The basic idea is to play to get misfires. Get that d-throw f-air f-air combo? Finish up with a smashed side-b. In the air next to the dude? Side-b! On the ground and haven't used side-b in a while? Side-b it is!

Top Bottom