• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Jab Locks

yourmother

Smash Rookie
I was in the techniques forum today and I came across an article (with a video) about a new tech called jab locks. Apparently you can combo somebody all the way over to the end of the stage by jabbing them repeatedly. Dedede is listed as being able to do it although it's "difficult".

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=161938

anybody able to pull this off with 3D? And if so is there some kind of trick or is the timing just really strict.

Andromeda

Smash Lord
I tried in training mode, but I gave up after like five tries, mostly because it's to situational to be of any importance.

Skunicorn

Smash Rookie
I was unable to jab lock completely BUT...in situations where they hit the ground and I was close I was able to do: jab,jab,jab, ftilt without moving and have it seem guaranteed. Could be moderately useful. It also leaves you at a pretty good spacing.

cubaisdeath

Smash Lord
I tried with dedede tons and tons of times because I wanted to see if it could be any use in my game, and the most I can do it is 6 times. It has to hit with a very specific part of the hitbox, which makes it hard to do consistently. I wouldn't waste your time with it if you are a dedede player, just stick to the basics.

Top Bottom