• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Jab Lock/Reset options?

GS3K

Smash Ace
NNID
Gamestar3000
The miis are there in the description listing, it's just alphabetized.

Brawler - ftilt, sour nair
Gunner - ftilt (low percents)
Swordfighter - ftilt

AzuraSarah

Smash Cadet
On faster-falling characters, forward throw into uncharged charge shot at around 25-35% is a jab reset if they miss the tech, usually I follow this up with by dashing in and up-smashing.

Zapp Branniglenn

Smash Lord
Mii Gunner's jab locking moves only last until the target has about 13-18% damage. The only exceptions are the moves she borrows from Samus. An uncharged charge shot, and the homing missile are good to fire at your target as they are about to land. Since they are projectiles, they're quite safe to use in case they do land their tech. Also, when spaced correctly, you could Up Smash a prone target above you on a platform. The last multihits will lock, but the finisher hitbox will launch them. And I'm not even sure this method of jab lock will true combo into Bair or not.

Djmarcus44

Smash Journeyman
Back air has a chance of forcing a jab lock at low percents. Back throw also sets up a jab lock at low percents.

Last edited:

L1N3R1D3R

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-3822-0133-6917
F-tilt and B-air at low %, Homing Missile, and uncharged Charge Shot work well. Up smash from under a platform works too, but that's harder to combo out of. Setups include F-throw, B-throw, and N-air.

Last edited:
Top Bottom