• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

jab cancel fail

velasool

Smash Rookie
i learned how to jab cancel with captain falcon a day or 2 ago and my brother told me ike had the best cancel, so i jumped onto training mode

by accident i held down A and then held down on the control stick at a certain step and ike repeatedly hit the cpu until he was off the stage and then finished with his sword like a regular A mash combo

sorry if this is a repost, i don't know what this technique is called, and if it is usable with captain falcon

Marauder

Smash Journeyman
It's called Combat Walking. Ike isn't the only person who can do it but I don't think Falcon can.

velasool

Smash Rookie
thank you, your response is most helpful
sorry for the double post, i have searched "combat walking" on the forums and haven't found a link yet on this technique and/or a list of characters which can perform it, is there one to be found on this forum?

Marauder

Smash Journeyman
sorry for the double post, i have searched "combat walking" on the forums and haven't found a link yet on this technique and/or a list of characters which can perform it, is there one to be found on this forum?
Here's a neat little video. SSBB: Combat Walk

I'm not sure if its been updated since it came out out, but I'm pretty sure the characters shown in the video plus ZSS are the only characters who can combat walk.

metroid1117

Smash Master
To be honest, I don't think we have any special threads dedicated to "combat walking", except for this one thread on the Ike forums that asks about it. I also don't think that "combat walking" is an official term; only a select few characters can do it. In order to combat walk, your character must (1) miss the 2nd hit of the jab combo and (2) walk forward during the 2nd hit of the jab combo to keep them in the combo (and you as the player have to hold down... that automatically resets the combo if the 2nd hit misses). The only characters I can think of that can do this are Ike (duh) and Squirtle, but there might be more.

EDIT: Apparently ZSS can do it too.

LuLLo

Smash Ace
It's called Combat Walking. Ike isn't the only person who can do it but I don't think Falcon can.
Falcon can't Combat Walk, but he can repeatedly Jab Cancel with 2 jabs at least two times if your opponent screws up. And if the opponent comes from the air into your Hold-A-Jab, it resets just like Ike's (and like the rest of the cast with these jabs) but it isn't as effective.

Top Bottom