• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I've just downloaded Audacity, so I need help...

The Mano Games VII

Smash Journeyman
Where I live? Why, location is a state of mind my
I have two questions...

1) If I'm watching, say, Yu Yu Hakusho, Naruto, Power Rangers, or Avatar: The Last Airbender, how do I use Audacity to remove the music from the scene without altering the vocals?

2) Where would you say is the best place I could go to to find information like this? I've tried various tutorials of Audacity online, but I could never find a clear cut answer to my question.

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer
That doesn't sound possible unless you are ok with just clipping silence in between words, and hearing the music while the characters are speaking.

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
Pretty sure it's not possible man, it's all one audio track. Meaning, you're not going to be able to split it into say, voices, music, sound effects, etc.

The people who make the shows have separate tracks for all of that stuff, so instead of what you hear, they have one track with the music, another with X character's voice, etc., and they put that together to make the final product.

blahman179

Smash Cadet
I have two questions...

1) If I'm watching, say, Yu Yu Hakusho, Naruto, Power Rangers, or Avatar: The Last Airbender, how do I use Audacity to remove the music from the scene without altering the vocals?

2) Where would you say is the best place I could go to to find information like this? I've tried various tutorials of Audacity online, but I could never find a clear cut answer to my question.
1) The audio would need separate tracks (I.E: One for the music, one for sound effects, and one for the voices,) melded into one track for the show, which I highly doubt they release it as so.

2) Youtube is the best place, try searching around.

Edit: "Pretty sure it's not possible man, it's all one audio track. Meaning, you're not going to be able to split it into say, voices, music, sound effects, etc."

****, beat me to it.

\/aarsivius

Smash Cadet
Nope, sorry man. You can do other stuff, like making the characters more high-pitched, or low-pitched. But you can't remove it without altering the vocal. :(

Top Bottom