• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I've got a problem with the Homebrew Channel.

SuperDoom1

Smash Journeyman
SPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACE
NNID
SuperDoom
3DS FC
4656-6065-5905
I should've put this in GBATemp, but they're down.
I have no idea if this is the right subforum, but this is the Nintendo Wii (or technically the Wii U) we're talking about, so I say it counts.

So I was getting fed up with having to launch a forwarder to have the HBC at a 16:9 ratio on my vWii.
I decided to dump my NAND...and apparently I can't use ShowMiiWads, so I had to use a thousand programs to dump the NAND.
I extracted the Homebrew Channel, packed it, and changed the title ID from 'LULZ' to 'BREW'.
I sent the WAD up through YAWMM, deleted the first HBC and the forwarder, booted up the new HBC, and...scam screen. It took five minutes.
Eh. I decided to play 'My Little Ball' because my sister wanted me to play it. And when I exited...

Wii U crashed. Wouldn't even turn off. Had to unplug the power supply. Completely normal for me.
After turning it back on, going back to vWii, and booting up the HBC again...scam screen.
Okay, maybe it doesn't save until you go back to the Wii Menu. I went back, booted it up again, and...SCAM SCREEN! UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUBILEF LKVS<DF J<B VLIUC LANLBVHJKARUUUUUUUUUUUUUGH! Meh.
I decided to play Giddy 3.

But there was one thing I didn't notice the first two times.
One small yet offensive detail that made me decide to just go to sleep after Giddy 3.
I'm gonna have to put it in a spoiler, just in case.
TNo. I can't say. Besides, GBATemp is back up.

So am I gonna have to use a forwarder forever? Or is there a fix?

Last edited:
Top Bottom