• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

**** I've been on Smashboards since Classic Blue was the default style

Status
Not open for further replies.

DC

Smash Cadet
I just found the Style chooser thing (yep, JUST now) and it brought back memories.

I played Smash 64 pretty seriously (Pikachu) and I had my own website with a few of my friends called Smash Bros. Kingdom... http://web.archive.org/web/*/www.ssbkingdom.com
It was similar to Smashboards at the time but Smashboards always had a couple hundred more members. Eventually me and the dudes ended SBBKingdom and just moved over to Smashboards.

I made this account shortly after Melee came out cuz my Fox was SICK (at the time). Before all of those shine double shine wavedash shenanigans. I've actually entered one Melee tournament long before all that stuff was invented and I got 2nd place, lost to a Marth on Pokemon Stadium. Anyways once all of that stuff was discovered I stopped coming to Smashboards..... FOR EIGHT YEARS.

Then idk I thought I might get serious with Brawl so I found this site again and miraculously remembered my login info.

And I'm STILL not in the backroom... wtf.

Smashbrother01

Smash Apprentice
haha, similar story, broooo

Only I wasn't that balls deep into smash until 07.

This account was the result of me buying smash 64 summer of 01, super late!

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
**** the BRoomers. Seriously. Its not a group to reward consistent members, its them jacking each other off, Oh I like you, Oh I like you too, Hey I like that guy let's get him in the backroom.
Forget the BRoomers, unless you also like the idea of Fraternities and all that ****.
EX. My good friend Lythium joined in 2009, she's already a BRoomer.
Don't worry about it DC.

Mike G

███████████████ 100%
BRoomer
**** the BRoomers. Seriously. Its not a group to reward consistent members, its them jacking each other off, Oh I like you, Oh I like you too, Hey I like that guy let's get him in the backroom.
Forget the BRoomers, unless you also like the idea of Fraternities and all that ****.
EX. My good friend Lythium joined in 2009, she's already a BRoomer.
Don't worry about it DC.
and how do you know this?

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
Then explain how members are chosen, and why so many Mods are Broomer if its not just, "Hey, he's cool, he should be here."

DC

Smash Cadet
lol I was just kidding, I don't really care about the backroom.

Mike G

███████████████ 100%
BRoomer
Then explain how members are chosen, and why so many Mods are Broomer if its not just, "Hey, he's cool, he should be here."
Well I'd love to tell you exactly how the process works but that would break broomer rules, sorry :(

And I didn't know Lythium was your friend. She's a cool gal.

=D

Osco316

Mic_128
BRoomer
A crummy world of plot holes and spelling errors
How else would you choose people for a social forum than by choosing the ones whose posts you like to read? I don't get it. What's your definition of "consistent member"? Wouldn't it be someone who posts well consistently (and by "well" I don't mean with great grammar and serious and all that bull****)? It's not a place for Smash discussion, if that's what you were thinking. There are many other rooms for that to take place.

edit: also, to OP, classic blue or **** you

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
Why the **** would I argue about something that pointless? It be like going into a club and saying, Hey, I don't like how you guys pick your members! Now excuse me while I go explain to people why The Beatles didn't change anything in music.

Osco316

Mic_128
BRoomer
A crummy world of plot holes and spelling errors
Xsyven: i'm busy with mike g right now, but i'll help you out after

Crashic: I was just hoping to get some sort of definition of "consistent member" or how any other way of choosing members would make sense. Also, the post seems very bitter towards a group you really have no idea about. I was confused about that.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
At Osco: Well I was trying to make DC feel better. I don't care one way or the other about the BRoomers.

Smash Back Rooms are little more than a room where we basically hate everyone else back there.
Hahahaha, based on some back room members talking outside of the back room, I don't doubt it.
Btw, why was the Melee back room reformed, or is that classified ****?

XIF

Smash Master
ZOMG Duluth, GA mostly... sometimes Weston, FL
Well, the whole purpose is defeated when mods and SWF BRoomers get access too.

I wish to keep this confidential, but one person in particular... let's call him BetaFailot, has no business being back there.

This anonymous person isn't the only one. Sometimes I read posts, and I cry.

JFox

Smash Hero
dude, he's not sayin that he would choose members of a broom a different way. he's just sayin the entire idea of a broom is lame, and comparable to a "cool kids club" or a fraternity as he called it. He's explaining to the guy how you get in, and why no one should care if they are or arent in the broom cuz its all a bunch of garbage.

They just use secret rooms like those to encourage people to buy premium memberships, this website is a business after all.

Classic blue is the ****

XIF

Smash Master
ZOMG Duluth, GA mostly... sometimes Weston, FL
[2:29:44 PM] Mike G: broomers get access too?
[2:29:50 PM] Mike G: lol wah
[2:29:54 PM] Alexander Daniel Campos: I believe so?
[2:30:04 PM] Alexander Daniel Campos: i might be wrong, I assumed premium membership and all
[2:30:10 PM] Mike G: no
[2:30:14 PM] Mike G: they dont
[2:30:17 PM] Alexander Daniel Campos: you can edit for me
[2:30:20 PM] Alexander Daniel Campos: too lazy <_<
[2:30:21 PM] Alexander Daniel Campos: quote this
[2:30:23 PM] Alexander Daniel Campos: >_>
[2:30:23 PM] Mike G: you can do it
[2:30:24 PM] Mike G: lol
[2:30:31 PM] Mike G: cause it looks like i mod abuse
[2:30:32 PM] Mike G: haha

but you can buy your way in with premium memberships.

Mike G

███████████████ 100%
BRoomer
I think Xif meant, "if" they are accepted. :)

EDIT: or what he just said

JFox is silly lol

Azua

Scourge Cheerleader
Premium
BRoomer
the broom stopped letting premies buy their way in like, years ago

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom